My latest attempt at practicing MM rotations - 18 min long parse

paowee

I understand that corrosive get better at single target with 36/3/7. My question was since your boosting corrosive so much and doing less damage from orbital strike then would going full pve gear (without the 2 pvp set bonus) become better? since the cunning boost would help CD and everything else. Not sure if 1 more tick of orbital offsets that damage?

Check out this pic for comparison http://i.imgur.com/adUBFtN.jpg

His Flyby had a higher crit chance compared to my Orbital Strike. 29% vs 21% and it did 387 vs my 351. His avg hits are higher as well. 4321 versus 3809 avg hit.

My Corrosive Dart had a low crit chance compared to his Vital Shot. 21% versus 24%. My avg hit on the DoT is only slightly higher at 829 per tick versus his 822 per tick.

The trade off between Orbital and Corrosive Dart is looking to be in favor of Corrosive Dart spec for single target DPS from my testing.... You can gain up to 200 more DPS just by speccing into Corrosive Dart and keeping it up*** (check out the MM video on my sig). Maybe one of these days i'll parse 36/8/3 again as much as i've been doing 36/3/7.... >_<

Edited by _Dominator_

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that corrosive get better at single target with 36/3/7. My question was since your boosting corrosive so much and doing less damage from orbital strike then would going full pve gear (without the 2 pvp set bonus) become better? since the cunning boost would help CD and everything else. Not sure if 1 more tick of orbital offsets that damage?

Oh... unfortunately I don't have any answer for that. Would need to ask the math people who can calculate these things and give a more accurate answer. I'll still go for 2-pc pvp bonus for now (im still wearing UW, no KD armorings yet)

Edited by paowee

Hi,

Let's keep this discussion going on at SamuelIA's guide over at the Gunslinger forums. I'll be posting anything else i find about 36/3/7 there. Updated his thread with the log and [Energy Management] using Orbital Strike when Adrenaline Probe, Target Acquired and Sniper Volley is not available.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=657177

Edited by paowee