The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Charge vs Force Leap - positional requirements

Qaoz

Edit: After posting this thread, I did some further testing, and it appears the restriction on Force Leap is only during movement, possibly due to the ability auto-rotation. Crisis averted.

I've played a Sith Juggernaut for some time now, and one of my favorite things in the whole universe (virtual and real) is to Force Charge people behind me. Force Charge, you see, has no positional requirement; you can use it on people in front of you, behind you, and on your flanks. Total 360 degree mobility (except against Snipers/Gunslingers).

Then I started a Jedi Guardian and noticed something that made me pretty teary eyed: You can't use Force Leap on targets behind your character. You get a "Not facing target" error and everything. If we're playing the balancing game, this gives Sith Warriors a slight advantage over Jedi Knights, seeing as Force Charge can be used to interrupt node caps, casts/channels and such.

Now, please don't go and do something silly, like adding the positional requirement to Force Charge. Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights are all about mobility and should remain so. Let's just pretend the positional requirement shouldn't even be there in the first place and remove it from Force Leap. That would make me a very happy panda bear...

...if I was a panda bear.

Thanks, you're the best.

Edited by Qaoz