Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Content? Really? (+Some Ideas)

MuratReis

The most recent update, in essence, is a cartel pack update. For one, NiM TFB isn't really new, just a rehashing; and two, most of the players won't have a shot at completing it. Heck, most players can't find groups that can do HM TFB, myself included. Seriously, when was the last time content was introduced that did not cost money beyond the monthly sub?

So, what would I like to see?

-- More 55 FPs;

-- open world activities, like a centralized PvP region with faction-specific hubs, from which everything PvP is located. Areas between these hubs can have various open-world PvP missions -- that put the factions against each other -- and cool areas to explore;

-- interesting customization items that drop from elite lvl 55 mobs - like, adaptive gear, dyes, pets, ext;

-- and anything else that gets people exploring and playing in new, interesting ways.

Harder operations are great, but there should be something else, too.

That is all.

Edited by MuratReis

We'd all like to see these sort of things, but we wont get them. It's just going to be extremely slow release of new content, with lots of rehashing of old material before anything new is released.

Edit: Look at the "new content" nim tfb, its just the same tfb with very few new mechanics, just increased damage, increased health and lower enrage time, theyre bleeding the content the have while they can.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

The most recent update, in essence, is a cartel pack update. For one, NiM TFB isn't really new, just a rehashing; and two, most of the players won't have a shot at completing it. Heck, most players can't find groups that can do HM TFB, myself included. Seriously, when was the last time content was introduced that did not cost money beyond the monthly sub?

So, what would I like to see?

-- More 55 FPs;

we are getting a new fp in 2.3 which will most likely be lvl 50 at first, then a HM mode for lvl 55 later

-- open world activities, like a centralized PvP region with faction-specific hubs, from which everything PvP is located. Areas between these hubs can have various open-world PvP missions -- that put the factions against each other -- and cool areas to explore;

this game cant handle OWPVP e.g. ilum

-- interesting customization items that drop from elite lvl 55 mobs - like, adaptive gear, dyes, pets, ext;

you get this in HM and NiM operations already

-- and anything else that gets people exploring and playing in new, interesting ways.

bioware already doing this via seeker droid and the new event we are getting in 2.3

Harder operations are great, but there should be something else, too.

That is all.

most of the stuff you want is either already done, coming in the next patch or cant be done due to the game engine capabilities

most of the stuff you want is either already done, coming in the next patch or cant be done due to the game engine capabilities

Seeker droid stuff is a one-time thing. You do it and you're done. The treasure areas are great. I have spent a lot of time in them. (I am half way to the pleasure speeder.) But, the seeker droid stuff, by design, is solo: your chances of succeeding go down with the amount of people around!

The cool thing about loot tables and elite mobs is that: (1) every elite mob can have different loot tables; (2) the loot is cool; (3) it offers a new type of content that everyone can do; (4) they are open world and exploratory. Ops don't do any of this.

The fact of the matter is, we are being taken for a ride with the updates -- mainly cartel ****. The new content is slowly being introduced over months, one phase at a time.

If the new FP, the carrot at the end of the stick, is geared to lvl 50s and we have to wait for 55, which is where endgame is, I will laugh.

By the way, the game can handle open world PvP. It's 2013. They can figure it out. I have some technical ideas - that is, instancing -- and I don't know anything about servers.

Edited by MuratReis

This game has always had bad loot tables. Or, really, virtually no loot tables for mobs outside of FPs/OPs.

I mentioned how they should fix this about a year ago. It never happened - so I guess it never will.

I mean, seriously, its supposed to be an RPG.

This game has always had bad loot tables. Or, really, virtually no loot tables for mobs outside of FPs/OPs.

I mentioned how they should fix this about a year ago. It never happened - so I guess it never will.

Yeah. These things will never change.

Difference is this is an MMO and not a Tabletop.

I wish it was more like Tabletop.

I wish we HAD a Tabletop version of SWTOR. Play SWTOR when the internet goes down! Patch days are no longer a problem! Extended Maintenance is now looked forward to, not reviled!

I would buy a SWTOR Tabletop set from the site.

By the way, the game can handle open world PvP. It's 2013. They can figure it out. I have some technical ideas - that is, instancing -- and I don't know anything about servers.

exactly and this game CANT HANDLE OWPVP, ilum prove that on a massive scale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.