2.0 watchman spec opener/rotation

scottyboo

Force Leap > Overload Saber (in air) > Zealous Strike > Cauterize > Merciless Strike > Master Strike > Varies.

Often on groups of weaker targets I find I'm sprinkling other things (Strike, Slash, Dispatch, etc) inbetween the heavier hitting attacks rather than waste a major technique on weak target's last few HP.

On stronger targets (i.e. they're not dead by the end of Master Strike and not ready for Dispatch either), I'll often use Force Stasis (unless there are other targets beating on me) after Master Strike, then Blade Storm, then go right back into my opening rotation with a 0m Force Leap.

Purge those thoughs, if you want to do decent sustained never use Force stasis (unless there is specific mechanic you want to prevent, I find it usefull to interrupt Shockwave in S&V HM on blue in sneaking part) and Force Scream (the tooltip of this ability may apear tempting, it has quite decent damage. Problem is when you look at the Damage/Focus ratio, that ability in our spec ends up being worse than simple Slash).

Your opener should look like the person before me said, only difference is that after Master Strike you want to use Cauterize, assuming it procced off Merciless (1.5 GCD from Cauterize+1.5 GCD from Merciless+3sec from Master Strike and bam you have 6sec, exactly the time needed to not clip it, that is of course assuming you don't have any Alacrity, which I hope you don't ^^), if not go with Twin Saber Throw, use one Strike to build a bit focus and by then you should have force Leap and Overload saber off CD. After that go with more or less priority like this:

1. Zen (Top DPS is achived apparently by trying to time your Zen for 3 stacks of Overload Saber, but that's damn tricky to do and if you mistime it you end up getting punished for it, so just use it when it comes up)

2. Merciless Slash

3. Dispatch

4. Overload Saber

5. Cauterize

6. Focus builders to keep yourself up atleast at 6 focus

7. Master Strike (if and only if abilities above have more than 2secs on CD)

8. Twin Saber Throw

9. Slash

It probably is not optimal rotation. I'm guessing those 3k dps monsters have some terrible secret that makes it possible for them to that kind of DPS but this priority is relativly simple and is good enough to hit 2.7-2.8k DPS (I know I managed to parse that much).

As for build I would go with something like this 36/8/2 . Choice of Force Fade/ Weakening Wounds/ Watchguard is really up to preference and encounter. Some people will prefer 2% crit from Insight than 3rd point in Dual Wield Mastery, again up to preferences. According to some theorycrafting Dual Wield Mastery should give you a tiny bit more DPS, but nothing significant.

Edited by VeheO

First time posting but I parse between 2.9k and 3.1k depending on the encounter and there's a few small tips that will more than likely improve your dps greatly:

1. Cauterize needs to be refreshed every 4th attack. It's ticks will be completely done exactly by the time your 4th cooldown is up. Therefore its our goal to refresh cauterize w either merciless or slash during these 3 globals if we can so our 4th global will be cauterize.

2. Serendipitous assault is our favorite relic. My second favorite used to be damage process (dark radiance, etc), however, these two relics don't work together anymore. If u dont take my word for it look at your parses combat log, they will always process at least 4.5 sec apart. Therefore, our best relics are srendipitous assault and boundless ages.

3. Go biochem. I gaurantee ppl topping 3k dps are all using the best stims and the best adrenals every time they're off cooldown

4. Lastly, remember to use force leap every time its up for focus generation. Can't believe how many sents I don't see doing this.

Good luck.

E'vay'shun

Edited by greatestescapes

While indeed using Force Leap almost always on CD (sometimes you have enough focus to use something of higher priority and it's up, at that point I prefer to delay Force Leap in favour of 2-4 numbers) there are some encounters like Writhing Horror in TFB NM that make using Force Leap on CD kinda hard, atleast I know that after encounter starts if you use your leap 2nd time, boss will burrow and you will need to run to him. Wonder if running is not bigger DPS LoS than holding back on Leap.

• 2 weeks later...
While indeed using Force Leap almost always on CD (sometimes you have enough focus to use something of higher priority and it's up, at that point I prefer to delay Force Leap in favour of 2-4 numbers) there are some encounters like Writhing Horror in TFB NM that make using Force Leap on CD kinda hard, atleast I know that after encounter starts if you use your leap 2nd time, boss will burrow and you will need to run to him. Wonder if running is not bigger DPS LoS than holding back on Leap.

I spec into the fast movemonet camouflage to still be able to use force leap as just a focus builder. It's almost as fast on that fight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.