The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Star Wars Animated Film?

Beniboybling

Something that's being buzzing round the internet recently is an excerpt from an interview with Brenda Chapman - an Academy award winning animation story artist and director:

I have been working on a project with Lucas for quite some time — about six months. When Lucasfilm was handed over to Kathleen Kennedy, she asked me to consult on the film to help solve its story problems. It was an opportunity for me to work with her. I felt honored to be asked by her, after what happened at Pixar. DreamWorks was very generous to me in postponing my start date with them so that I could work with Kathleen, also. My work on the project is done. My good friend, Gary Rydstrom, is directing it now.

Here's an article speculating on the interview.

So what do you think? Do you think its Star Wars? Something else? Your first bet is probably a tie in to Rebels but lets remember that the Clone Wars was only 'wound down' in March 2013 and I doubt the team new about Rebels or perhaps even had Rebels on the cards before that. Whereas Chapman says she's been working of this for about six months, that pushes us back to around November/December 2012.

Maybe its not Star Wars related at all? But I can't really see that.

Perhaps a closing TCW movie? That would be the only alternative if it isn't an opening Rebels movie. It would be fitting, in my opinion. Open with a movie, close with a movie.
Hey, that's a possibility. I mean, lets say they actually planned to end the series with Season 6 (which makes sense with Ashoka out of the picture and all) it would likewise make sense to start working on a movie.

We can only hope!

No its a new 3d animation star wars series called Star wars Rebels which takes place between episode 3-4...

I'm calling it now, right here folks.

It will be about grown up Ahsoka, Marek and Kota, the neo-samurai. There will be a disturbance in the Force as millions of fans cry out in horror.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

Hey, that's a possibility. I mean, lets say they actually planned to end the series with Season 6 (which makes sense with Ashoka out of the picture and all) it would likewise make sense to start working on a movie.

We can only hope!

I would love a new Clone Wars movie. Perhaps something that leads up to Revenge of the Sith. One can only hope.