Idea: Alacrity enhancements (Scrapper DPS)

bryceman

So a rumor is circulating around my server that scrappers could possibly get a dps boost if instead of having X amount of power/surge enhancements/earpiece/implants, you replace them with X amount of power/alacrity enhancements/earpiece/implants. Their reasoning behind this allegation is that it would reduce the gcd to the point that you could spam sucker punches and blaster whips more frequently. Now I am very much aware that backblast/shootfirst grants us 6% (sorry if that is off) alacrity and pugnacity increases that even more. That leaves me to ask you, would getting even more alacrity be somewhat feasible since crit is so low now and we would get a constant benefit from a lower gcd rather than getting a lucky higher crit hit from surge? Edited by bryceman

I am actually doing this myself. My alacrity before any procs or use of Pugnacity is currently at 7.14%, and it allows me to fit both XS Freighter Flyby and Sabotage Charge into my rotation. While I hesitate to say this is clearly a better way to go than others, I can definitely say that there are advantages to pursuing more alacrity.

alacrity does not lower the cooldown of abilities, just the global cooldown in which it takes to execute abilities

And that's all I want; after testing it a little bit if you increase your alacrity just enough you can fit in a sab. charge while waiting for blaster whip to come off cooldown if you were not lucky enough to get a flying fist proc for upper hand. Even though I am having to default attack a little more my dps is increasing because surge is only beneficial if you have enough crit to actually use the surge. Alacrity provides a constant benefit of a lower GCD and for a spamming spec like Scrappers it is very useful.