Message to new RWZ teams

tehjifbo

Hey guy, I'm necrofeelme/arousal from <Rude Dudes>. I just wanted to pop in and say that you guys are not alone. We are a PVE main focused guild, and have just this past week finally got our rated team rolling again. We face the same problems you guys do. We get our asses destroyed some, we give teams good games sometimes, sometimes we win said games. I'm here to say DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! Sure clutch, legend, hsp, s key, onslaught/ubique will murder you but that's ok. We do it 3 nights a week, and we will keep doing it. We get better every game and you can too guys.

In short: don't play 3 ranked games and get smoked and never que again. Believe it or not, the top teams really won't **** talk you or bombard you with negative comments. They are just glad to see new teams. So keep at it guys and I hope to see you in rateds. We will be there every Monday/Tuesday/ late Sunday if we can!

Thanks guys, and good luck!:rak_03:

PS. So you guys don't have to go to page 3, here is a guide Tancerjay wrote. This could be useful to the new guys starting up, or thinking about it.

Edited by tehjifbo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short: don't play 3 ranked games and get smoked and never que again. Believe it or not, the top teams really won't **** talk you or bombard you with negative comments. They are just glad to see new teams. So keep at it guys and I hope to see you in rateds. We will be there every Monday/Tuesday/ late Sunday if we can!

However, one of your transferring teams ID, will indeed **** talk you and bombard you with negative comments. But The Shadowlands loss, is your gain!

Their attitudes on The Shadowlands was more than likely to do with the rated scene being non-existent (so could you really blame them?), and to overcompensate for this, they rationalized it was because our server was "butthurt" (a term Somnax, Alluvian, among others enjoy using extensively) from getting steamrolled.

Regards,

KK

P.S. Make you establish ground rules up front for the use of the level 54 PvE crafted gear exploit in rateds.

Holy Crap!!! A constructive thread! That is very rare, glad to see it. You guys are not the only ones as well. We are starting to get our team rolling too. See you in there :).

IKR?! I figured this approach would be much better than the " freck you noobs, get a rwz team scrubs" approach. I feel that is the normal, and I don't feel that way about it. I think teams need a friendly "push" to finally get rolling. I know there are alot of teams that want to que but just don't like getting destroyed over and over. Soooo my guild will keep playing those teams for them and maybe they can get teams that are similar to their level, or just starting out as well.

Hopefully we get a nice influx of new teams so the good teams can have fun, as well as the new teams getting more evenly matched games.

Everybody Wins!

However, one of your transferring teams ID, will indeed **** talk you and bombard you with negative comments. But The Shadowlands loss, is your gain!

Their attitudes on The Shadowlands was more than likely to do with the rated scene being non-existent (so could you really blame them?), and to overcompensate for this, they rationalized it was because our server was "butthurt" (a term Somnax, Alluvian, among others enjoy using extensively) from getting steamrolled.

Regards,

KK

P.S. Make you establish ground rules up front for the use of the level 54 PvE crafted gear exploit in rateds.

Sure is nice of you to try to derail a positive post on the state of ranked on POT5 by attacking an incoming guild. If guilds on The Shadowlands had the same attitude towards ranked as the OP's guild did, we wouldn't have to leave in the first place.

Sure is nice of you to try to derail a positive post on the state of ranked on POT5 by attacking an incoming guild. If guilds on The Shadowlands had the same attitude towards ranked as the OP's guild did, we wouldn't have to leave in the first place.

That's cause he was butthurt from getting steamrolled. :rak_03::rak_03::rak_04::rak_01::rak_02:

Not an attack. A statement of facts.

"There there, things will be alright. Show me on the wookie doll where the bad ID member touched you". If these guilds broke up or stopped pvping because they got owned, all I can say is, mission accomplished. <Infinite Darkness>, breaking up happy homes since 2012.

Per a member's own words, "mission accomplished". Seems it was your intention to get the guilds to stop PvP'ing?

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Exhibit A.

That's cause he was butthurt from getting steamrolled.

Exhibit B.

Having been on the receiving end of my own guilds and many others premades, I can say with confidence that no one owns and demoralizes quite like ID. I mean theres losing, and then theres having your face stomped in while your dreams are simultaneously crushed. ID does the latter.

Exhibit C.

Thank you for reinforcing my point that ID will **** talk you and bombard you with negative comments.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

Exhibit D.

You even feel the need to **** talk PvE guilds in addition to the PvP ones. A real charmer this one is.

Regards,

KK

You never feel the need to **** talk PvP guilds, that's why you are on Pot5 complaining about ID.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

:rak_04::rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

Not an attack. A statement of facts.

Per a member's own words, "mission accomplished". Seems it was your intention to get the guilds to stop PvP'ing?

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Exhibit C.

Thank you for reinforcing my point that ID will **** talk you and bombard you with negative comments.

Regards,

KK

Good one. Quoting one member who responded to you in an over the top, yet not really wrong way and quoting someone who was mocking your original statement in this thread. Not sure how you came to the conclusion I use the term "butthurt." I think it is a moronic term. Though it is fitting especially regarding physics and omniphysics. Both of which, mostly the former due to a certain gm, refuse to give us any hint of when they are queueing. As rateds on Shadowlands are few and far between and we've asked them in a way I would consider nice numerous times to do so, one can only assume they don't or didn't want to play us. The reasoning could vary greatly, but the "butthurt" conclusion isn't grasping at straws too much. On the mission accomplished part, I'd be willing to bet he was referring to the get owned part and not the quit queueing part, but take from it what you will I guess.

As to not derail this thread anymore that'll be the last I say to your obnoxious trolling. Good on the OP for encouraging more guilds to queue. If lots of new guilds queue Bioware's system will actually work and you will get to play people with similar rating for the most part. Will make for a much more entertaining experience :)

Getting back on the original topic, I'd like to thank the OP for his positive thinking and second his thoughts. I think its great to see so many teams queing nowadays, and I'd really encourage you to keep at it even when it's frustrating.

First, the more you keep at it, the more teams will keep queing and the more often you'll face teams of comparable skill levels. This results in everyone getting to play and have fun, which is really what everyone wants.

Second, even in those losses there is much to be learned. I remember when Legend spent a few months getting Casual and not really anyone else several times a night. Imagine how frustrating that could be. Yet folks learned from it, and the team got better. Keep at it, folks.

ahhh Elskan and his soft spoken words i love it! I also must commend Rude Dudes for starting this Thread to tell the newer Rated Teams to not be discouraged and continue to strive to improve after every match. Having played almost close to 1000 rwz matches myself and others on the Core Legend team are close to me as well we have all had our shares of Ups and Downs. It may be worth noting as well Legend has formed a second team which will start to regularly queue up on certain days at certain times. Good Luck to all of you and i Hope to see you out there!

@ KK: for **** sakes, ID is leaving SL so why do you even care what they do? Just stop caring, go about your life and enjoy the fact you never have to see or hear from them ever again.

Now, back on topic: Well said post which makes this server look more appealing. It's nice to see people stick at it, look at where they went wrong, and continue to make improvements.

Edited by Dedrayge

Huzzah! Thanks for posting this - can't wait to see all the new teams emerging and transferring over!

Everyone we've ever gone against in RWZs has been really sportsmanlike, and quite a few experienced pvp'ers on the server make tutorial streams and other guides to raise the collective pvp knowledge of the whole population as well. For anyone who's on the fence about transferring over, make the jump - we have a great community here.

Edited by DocZoloft

Yes I am telling you if you transfer here with your friends it is the right decision. the Rated scene is growing and im sure will only get better once server transfers hit next week.

I'm pretty sure non of my friends are even considering transfering. So, I'm pretty much coming here alone. Mind you, for the time being, I'm only sending my marauder over here to see if the grass is really greener.

If lots of new guilds queue Bioware's system will actually work and you will get to play people with similar rating for the most part.

Pre-season does not have a match-making system; it's based on first come, first serve in the Queue.

The ladder system comes with Season 1, which goes live in Update 6.8; August of 2015.

I gave up on being pissed about getting smacked in Ranked when I saw some dude post that he had almost 400 wins (85 losses too) in ranked. New teams starting right now are sooo far behind the established groups.