The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new powertech with questions

Hey guys, I've only been playing for a month or so. I have a mar in the 40s, and I wanted something a little less squishy, so I decided to roll with a PT. I am not a serious grinder, and not much into RWZ. I was wondering if I made a mistake. I didn't want to go merc, because I already have good dps with my mar, and I wanted to tank.

If I plan to just stick with PvE, FPs, and the occasional PvP, can I still have fun tanking for my group and dealing moderate damage (aoe and such)?

Yep. A powertech tank is fun and a pretty friendly class for newer tanks. You have several good AOE options, plus a ranged AOE taunt that no other tank has, and you won't put out assassin damage numbers, probably, but you can do good DPS. :)

Hey guys, I've only been playing for a month or so. I have a mar in the 40s, and I wanted something a little less squishy, so I decided to roll with a PT. I am not a serious grinder, and not much into RWZ. I was wondering if I made a mistake. I didn't want to go merc, because I already have good dps with my mar, and I wanted to tank.

If I plan to just stick with PvE, FPs, and the occasional PvP, can I still have fun tanking for my group and dealing moderate damage (aoe and such)?

Nothing wrong with a PT tank man. Their pretty good. However, Jugs are pretty good as well. Not saying one is better than the other. They both have their ups and downs. I prefer the PT because of the ranged taunts. The only thing I dislike about a PT tank is how long our shield cool down takes to come off cool down. Besides that, it's a great tank class. It has nice self healing and other things I love about it. Hope this helps.

Edited by Individual