The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trooper Conqueror/Underworld armor bug

Elvandar

I realize this is not a game breaking bug, however these screw ups in some of the newer gear models are becoming more and more common and quite frankly it is starting to seriously annoy me. As someone who has MINOR experience in 3D modelling I have no idea how your guys can possibly make such blatant mistakes. I'm a modelling noob compared to the people in the industry and I wouldn't make these mistakes. Do you not test the models at all?

Simply put, the Conqueror and Underworld armor sets for troopers have some polygons which distort and appear to be attached to the head animations. (if my character turns his head he pulls these selection of polygons with it)

I originally thought this was only present on larger body types in which it distorts the wire and canister attached to the backpack. The wire/cansiter thing looks fine on the standard body type, however, the neck bandanna also has some polygons which are attached to the characters head motion and is still a problem even on the standard body type.

Screenshots of the distortion in action (keeping in mind it is ALWAYS visible no matter what pose your character is in.

Larger body types with wire/canister bug: http://imageshack.us/a/img23/8526/largebodytype.jpg

Standard body type with neck bandanna distortion: http://imageshack.us/a/img35/8177/standardbodytype.jpg

I have also seen similar issues with other gear, including cartel market items. An example I believe is the conservator chest on large body types. We should not be paying for this shoddy work. There are plenty amateurs and hobbiests who can model things more efficiently than this. I think this particular trooper set is one of the best looking designs in the game to date, but when I see just how badly it has been modelled it makes me wonder how that guy has a job.

As unlikely as it may be, please take 5 minutes out of your day to fix this.

It's annoying how little they care about armour mesh and texture glitches. Some would be really simple to fix or require really small amount of time to fix. Reporting them in game doesn't seem to do anything ever and if you email them with picture in attachment, you basically get blaah answer that basically says that one should report it as bug using the in game bug reporting thingy.

I've posted bunch here too: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6325182#post6325182

I wouldn't be too bothered normally but the meshes are getting worse and worse. It's beyond a joke now and if they aren't going to bother fixing anything the very least they can do is hire some new 3D artists, clearly the current ones just aren't up to it.

The fact that cartel market sets, sets you paid money for, are using these careless models as well is disgusting. I would bet a lot of money that there is very little testing at all in their current development process. The latest patches are ridiculously bug ridden with issues you would see even without any significant testing and then there's the serious issues which aren't so obvious but are ultimately game breaking.

They say graphical improvements are upcoming. I hope this includes fixing all these eye soaring mistakes with gear sets and some serious engine optimization. I don't care for new graphical options, fix what you already have in place first.

I hope someone with power sees that link you posted, that is just horrific to look at and shows exactly how careless their artists are being.

Edited by Elvandar