The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

"Canon" Gear

I would really like to have some of the stuff you see in the movies: those costumes look cool in their own way. So, here are my suggestions:

Luke's Attire: Really nothing special, just the plain white and black robes Luke wears in the movies. I think possibly both sets should come together.

Jedi Fighting Robes: The classic Obi-Wan style white robes with a brown cloak. I think a cool special feature for those would be a 'cloak toggle', so that the cloak can be removed and replaced.

Palestine's Robes: Seriously, I would kill a thousand Jedi just to get some plain, black robes for my inquisitor, like the ones that Palpetine wears. Simple as they come, but classy and iconic. :D

Congratulations, you just misspelled Palpatine 2 times. :D

Yeah, those would look cool, but the problem is that how could they exist during this era? Something similiar would be cool, but they couldn't be named anything like "Luke's supercool black robe".

Congratulations, you just misspelled Palpatine 2 times. :D

Yeah, those would look cool, but the problem is that how could they exist during this era? Something similiar would be cool, but they couldn't be named anything like "Luke's supercool black robe".

"White Tatooine Moisture Farming Tunic" as the name for Luke's Episode IV top, perhaps?

Palestine robes? Canon? hmmm?

If they're going to have Palestine robes, perhaps they could also add a Wandering Nazarene Preacher outfit, complete with just-under-the-ribcage bloodstain. It'd be perfect for healers. ;)

Ok, and at the same time, we can explain how all of the outfits in the movies were all actually made 2700ish years before the movies even happened.

Desert tunics and basic pants of whatever color are really the kind of things that don't fall prey to ideas of "fashion" (high or otherwise) and "style." It wouldn't surprise me a tad to see people wearing that kind of clothing at any point in Galactic history depending on what planet you're from or what you were doing before you joined the Jedi/Sith/Republic Army/Imperial Intelligence. As long as they don't give us plaid flannel. :eek: That's something a bit too Earth-specific for TOR.

Luke only wore a robe in the first film, and that was just Tatooine fashion. In fact, he never wore a robe at all when he became a Jedi. He wore a basic black suit, which in retrospect, was a terrible choice. You're trying to look like a full fledged Jedi, so you wear a black suit which makes you look more like an Imperial rather than a Jedi.

Like Father, like son, I guess. No wonder he fell so easily in the EU.

Luke only wore a robe in the first film, and that was just Tatooine fashion. In fact, he never wore a robe at all when he became a Jedi. He wore a basic black suit, which in retrospect, was a terrible choice. You're trying to look like a full fledged Jedi, so you wear a black suit which makes you look more like an Imperial rather than a Jedi.

Like Father, like son, I guess. No wonder he fell so easily in the EU.

The black robe in RotJ was chosen because it was a great "mystery" as to a) whether Vader was truly Luke's father and b) if Luke was going to follow him to the dark side.