The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need help with lag and textures

McCodimus

First time on the forums and others in game suggested this for answers. ever since patch 2.1 I've been getting lag issues not moving, taking forever to load maps or the cargo hold, and I keep getting missing pink blocky textures on Robe armors and a few smuggler/agent armors. I have a decent computer that allows me to use High res texture and I've tried lowering textures on Swtor but it preforms worse, can anyone help?

Textures issue likely try running the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Also delete the game cache it is a file called DiskCacheArena and it is possible for it to cause lag and DC issues as well.

Although Lag can just be a internet issue which you can run tracert and pathpings to the server to identify in most cases.

Edited by OwenBrooks

First time on the forums and others in game suggested this for answers. ever since patch 2.1 I've been getting lag issues not moving, taking forever to load maps or the cargo hold, and I keep getting missing pink blocky textures on Robe armors and a few smuggler/agent armors. I have a decent computer that allows me to use High res texture and I've tried lowering textures on Swtor but it preforms worse, can anyone help?

These are probably two different things.

The pink blocky textures usually mean an art asset file is corrupt. Can try repair function. If that doesn't work, in my experience, a reinstall did.

The 'lag' issue that came with 2.1 seems to be its own thing. The loading screen always popping up isn't lag, per se. It's some kind of placeholder while assets are rendering.

My guess is if you head over to the PvP or Operations terminals on fleet, they're invisible when you first get there. Seems to be happening to everyone. Or, at least, I don't know of anyone who has those terminals pop up immediately since 2.1.

God Help you if you've got a 16m HM Scum and Villainy scheduled. Dashrode's not really a completable fight if adds and a sandstorm are killing you while you stare at the Rise of the Hutt Cartel splash screen, which seems to happen to somebody at least twice per fight.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Which terminals exactly ? I would like to check that out as I haven't encountered any issue that I am aware of with terminals not appearing.

The PvP and operations terminals on the fleet. If those don't take 10-60 seconds to appear for you, ask in general chat on the fleet. It's how they're working for everyone else since 2.1 (and not how they were working before).

The PvP and operations terminals on the fleet. If those don't take 10-60 seconds to appear for you, ask in general chat on the fleet. It's how they're working for everyone else since 2.1 (and not how they were working before).

Me and friends also have this problem it started after the 2.1

If I load into fleet in the supplies section the operations and priority missions terminals are there immediately for me.

I Then did the same in the combat mission area and the 2 PVP terminals also appear immediately.

I have no doubt you have this along with others but I wonder what the cause is as I definitely do not have a 10-60 second wait. (least on Dalborra haven't tried other servers yet)

Edited by OwenBrooks

If I load into fleet in the supplies section the operations and priority missions terminals are there immediately for me.

I Then did the same in the combat mission area and the 2 PVP terminals also appear immediately.

I have no doubt you have this along with others but I wonder what the cause is as I definitely do not have a 10-60 second wait. (least on Dalborra haven't tried other servers yet)

Dalborra's the second-lowest traffic server, which suggests to me that there would be less people clustered in those areas. If SWTOR is suddenly rendering slower (and judging by the number of people noting that the splash screen is popping up much more frequently and planetary loading times are longer, it is), lower populations probably means less people clustered around these terminals, which means there are less assets to render, which means the terminals will come up quicker in any rendering queue because it's shorter.

That, or logging in in one of the wings, instead of from an operation, a flashpoint, a warzone or a ship, renders all assets for all wings while you're at the fleet loading screen, while zoning in somewhere else just loads the immediate local areas, would be the only explanations I can think of as to why you're not seeing this. It's basically a given that these won't be there at peak on jedi covenant. This didn't used to be the case prior to 2.1.

Edit: next time I'm on, I'll try to transfer to an overflow fleet instance with 30-40 people if there is one and see if the pvp and ops terminals pop up immediately.

Edit #2: one more thing I"m wondering is about this collections button. Lot of graphics in there. If that's getting priority over environmental factors (other players, levels and textures, adds, mission terminals, Kell Dragon's spit, floating orbs on Operator IX), it would explain why some of this stuff has a rendering delay after 2.1.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Dalborra's the second-lowest traffic server, which suggests to me that there would be less people clustered in those areas. If SWTOR is suddenly rendering slower (and judging by the number of people noting that the splash screen is popping up much more frequently and planetary loading times are longer, it is), lower populations probably means less people clustered around these terminals, which means there are less assets to render, which means the terminals will come up quicker in any rendering queue because it's shorter.

That, or logging in in one of the wings, instead of from an operation, a flashpoint, a warzone or a ship, renders all assets for all wings while you're at the fleet loading screen, while zoning in somewhere else just loads the immediate local areas, would be the only explanations I can think of as to why you're not seeing this. It's basically a given that these won't be there at peak on jedi covenant. This didn't used to be the case prior to 2.1.

Edit: next time I'm on, I'll try to transfer to an overflow fleet instance with 30-40 people if there is one and see if the pvp and ops terminals pop up immediately.

Edit #2: one more thing I"m wondering is about this collections button. Lot of graphics in there. If that's getting priority over environmental factors (other players, levels and textures, adds, mission terminals, Kell Dragon's spit, floating orbs on Operator IX), it would explain why some of this stuff has a rendering delay after 2.1.

Little feedback on this. I was unable to find a fleet instance with few people clustered around these terminals to see if they rendered immediately. Lowest pop fleet instance when I was on was +200.

However, I DID run a 16m hm tfb, and the orbs (and all other boss-related mechanics) showed up as they should this time. What I did differently is perform a full system reboot before the raid, (I had previously just tried to reboot the client the last time boss mechanics weren't rendering). So with the boss mechanics not rendering, that might just be a memory leak, and not anything to do with the collections button.

I'll know more when I next do Dash'Rode in 16m HM, because that was the fight that really had problems.

YES!!! I'm not the only one!

Ever since 2.1, mail and quest terminals in fleet take UP TO 1 MINUTE to load!!

And also, more importantly, ops and flashpoint bosses either don't appear, bug out and become invisible, or their adds during fights never appear. Mostly noticeable in athiss big dog boss, op xi in TFB, and last night in golden fury adds never spawned for me to target.

We need this fixed ASAP! It's impossible to play group stuff like this

• 4 weeks later...
This is just horrible for me, 1 minute or more to load the dropboxes and mailboxes at fleet, and bosses take forever to load, especially adds or the entire dread master styrek fight... Tons of adds, different phases, etc.The nightmare phase battling the companion took long also, and Dash'roode is horrible if you get put into the sandstorm -- Luckily during that phase I can scamper away from the adds and hotkey the shield. The scoundrel ability scamper seems to let you get through the unloaded textured areas. Ever since 2.1 this has been happening. Please fix this ASAP :(