player ship hangar(s)

ZorClone

I never have felt particularly special or immersed when clicking on "Jedi Knight Hangar." I have, however, felt particularly annoyed when i can't find it right away or I click on the Trooper Hangar because I forgot which toon I was on. Or when I have to travel my mouse in circles around the station map trying to find the right one using tool tips. Or when I THOUGHT I was going the right direction towards my hangar and found out it's on the opposite end of the station or space port...

How about we just have Player Hangars. There's nothing wrong with having multiple points of access to the places we want to get to quickly. Just re-task all these class specific hangars so we can click any one of them and get to the phase entrance and get to our ships. I guess I can see where someone thought it would be neat to design it originally like an airport terminal, but then they forgot how annoying airports are.

On that topic, why do we have Priority Transport consoles without one of the biggest priorities of all time: the fleet? You cannot make up an excuse as to why I can go from the fleet to Makeb to Section X to Black Hole to Makeb and back and forth back and forth and NOT hop a ride back to the fleet. If you're going to put in something that makes our lives 95% easier with regards to traveling to end game content then why not go the full 100%?

Thanks!

I prefer having Class hangars, for reasons that each hangar is mapped with the looks of your specific spaceship.

Having multiple ships would have BioWare to change one or another because ofcourse you need to have changing maps.

Altough I do understand your point for reasons that I face this once or another time too.

I'm not wanting them to change the hangar itself, but the method of how you get to it..

example:

click elevator/hangar door button anywhere -> load screen -> player dropped in front of appropriate hangar.

Edited by ZorClone

Well, each class having its own separate ship hanger phase is beyond stupid. Phases are dynamic and are capable of recognizing the player's class when they wander into the phase portal. Having "Sith Warrior" written on the minimap is such a cop out, and makes no sense. The makeb orbital station should be a model for how the game handles player ship phases throughout the entire game.

I found them cool in the beginning but im tired of them now. There is 1 load screen to get into the bay, then one to get on your ship, then one to get off your ship, then one to get off the orbital station. To much wasted time imo

They could take each of the 'elevator to hangars' doors and make them elevator bays like the ones to the starting world or homeworld departure, and when you click the elevator button, you're loaded into an instance for your ship (burying the instance load in the elevator screenswap), where the ship model is part of the instance, and when you enter the ship you don't automatically take off, so you could go back and forth between your ship and the fleet station. Clicking on the galactic map in the hangar would give you a 'launch' function, where you'd have a cutscene of requesting launch clearance, then the existing 'station departure' animation would play, then you'd be in space. Similarly, when you arrive at the fleet or a planet, you'd have a 'request landing clearance' option that did the same thing the other way. Overall it's the same number of steps as it is now, just split out so you don't have to launch from the fleet just because you'd rather use the uncrowded GTN kiosk in your cargo bay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.