Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Retaliation

zzoorrzz

Hey, I'm playing SW not so long and I'm a bit confused about this ability. Is it quite useless or am I missing something? Seems to be a copy of Vicious Slash, just worse in 3 aspects (dmg, cd, only useable after successful defense) with only 1 advantage (cant miss, parry, dodge).

Is it worth using? Or should they fix it somehow? Personally I think they should move one of those 3 disadvantages to Vicious Slash to make Retaliation worth it.

It's worth using if:

1. You are Immortal Spec

2. Your opponent has a large buff to Shield/Defense or you have an accuracy debuff on yourself (pretty common in PvP, especially the former).

3. You have the Rage to spare and have a decent chance of finishing off your target with it.

For anyone not immortal, it's very situational.

That said, it has a niche for killing people who just spammed a shield at low health. This is more true for Vengeance, which should usually have the focus to spare. It's somewhere below Smash on my priority list but above slash.

Edited by Ugolino
derp

Hey, I'm playing SW not so long and I'm a bit confused about this ability. Is it quite useless or am I missing something? Seems to be a copy of Vicious Slash, just worse in 3 aspects (dmg, cd, only useable after successful defense) with only 1 advantage (cant miss, parry, dodge).

Is it worth using? Or should they fix it somehow? Personally I think they should move one of those 3 disadvantages to Vicious Slash to make Retaliation worth it.

Try using it at the same time or immediately before/after a vicious slash. Retaliation isnt on the GCD so you would pretty much have 1 attack right after another without waiting like you normally would with the GCD.

Try using it at the same time or immediately before/after a vicious slash. Retaliation isnt on the GCD so you would pretty much have 1 attack right after another without waiting like you normally would with the GCD.

This. no GCD = free damage (based on time). if you are suffering for Rage, it's definitely not your first choice (same rage cost as VS). but if you have plenty of Rage, and it procs, its basically adding a strike withing a single GCD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.