Lingering Toxin Bug

Blitz-wing

Posting this for a guild mate that is unable to post.

So even at high accuracy I had been noticing what appear to be misses, and now even at accuracy cap 100.02/110.02 I had been seeing the same thing occur.

So while testing some stuff on the dummy I actually seen it occur and noticed what is actually occurring and was able to reproduce the "miss" quite frequently, just came down to timing.

So I had noticed after applying either corrosive grenade or corrosive dart that I'd look back up at the debuff and see that it would have the weak version of the poison on right after application. And I found that this occurs if you apply the poison right as it expires.

So for example at literally 0 seconds left on my corrosive dart or grenade as the debuff switches from the normal grenade/dart that is on to the weak version that it actually applies the strong version but is then basically overwritten right away by the weak version. So this isn't actually a miss due to accuracy but a bug in lingering toxins and how it is applied.

I have copy and pasted a replication of this bug from my combat log below. As you can see, it loses normaly corrosive dart, I apply it again as this occurs then it is overwritten by the weak version all within less than a second.

I would post this on the SWTOR forums so devs can see it but I am perma banned for no reason lol.

Now I haven't tested this on a sniper as I don't have one, but I'm fairly certain you will find it will also occur for them.

08:25:38.128 Your Poisoned (Tech) hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 1351* internal damage (1351)!

08:25:38.128 Your Corrosive Dart effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Target MK-5.

08:25:38.129 You activate Corrosive Dart.

08:25:38.129 You spend 16 energy.

08:25:38.129 Operations Training Target MK-5 gains Corrosive Dart from you.

08:25:38.226 Your Corrosive Dart adds effect Poisoned (Tech) to Operations Training Target MK-5.

08:25:38.227 Operations Training Target MK-5 loses Corrosive Dart from you.

08:25:38.331 Your Corrosive Dart effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Target MK-5.

08:25:38.331 Your Corrosive Dart adds effect Weak Corrosive Dart (Tech) to Operations Training Target MK-5.

08:25:41.532 Your Weak Corrosive Dart (Tech) hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 205 internal damage (205).

• 7 months later...