The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Coins Question -Credit transfer

Protoaloe

I purchased with cartel coins a credit transfer of 150k assuming that I am purchasing ingame credits in return for my cartel coins.

Now I have a stupid 'cartel' icon in my backpack which states "credits escrow transfer 150k. If I click it it says it has already been applied to my character, however, my credits have not increased at all.

So now my cartel coin assets have dropped but all it did was give me a stuipid icon that does NOTHING!

So in effect I used my cartel coins to buy NOTHING. Is that a rip off? Why are they selling us stuff that exists of a stupid icon in back pack that does nothing ???????

I purchased with cartel coins a credit transfer of 150k assuming that I am purchasing ingame credits in return for my cartel coins.

Now I have a stupid 'cartel' icon in my backpack which states "credits escrow transfer 150k. If I click it it says it has already been applied to my character, however, my credits have not increased at all.

So now my cartel coin assets have dropped but all it did was give me a stuipid icon that does NOTHING!

So in effect I used my cartel coins to buy NOTHING. Is that a rip off? Why are they selling us stuff that exists of a stupid icon in back pack that does nothing ???????

It does something for non-subscribers since they have a cap in credit gain. All credits above limit are placed in escrow.

There's no way to buy in-game credits directly for CC unless you already earned the credits, which is what escrow is for. Escrow is like money held in trust. In this case when a f2p or preferred has hit their max number of credits, BW holds the remainder in trust for them until they become a sub or buy a credit transfer.

However, if you wanted to buy in-game credits, the closest thing is probably buying a cartel pack and selling it on GTN unopened. Those go for a pretty stable amount relative to their price.

Subs cannot use and should not be able to buy the escrow items. Contact support and see if they can remove it from your account and refund your CCs?

Thanks for the replies. Yes I will have to contact support and see what can be done about it.

It really should not be possible for a subscriber to even purchase this if you can do nothing with it. The description it gives for this does not really explain. It kind of says that it has something to do with escrow for non subsscirbers and that that does not apply for subscribers, so you assume somehow that non subs have the funds put into their escrow but that subscribers can get it.