The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Zoomed in screen problem.

DMSRECON

When I am running SWTOR, and I go to windows/internet, while the game is running, the screen is always zoomed in. Now the screen isn't zoomed in once I close SWTOR, but recently my Computer turned off while running SWTOR and now my screen is always zoomed in and I can't see al my icons on my desktop. Is there anyway to fix this and how? Thanks.

Chances are you're playing SWTOR in non-native screen resolution. This happens to me too. My native screen resolution for my monitor and graphics card is 1920x1080. In SWTOR, I play fullscreen at a lower resolution with the same aspect ratio to avoid lag due to my computer being mid-range at best. This means while I'm in game, my monitor adjusts to the lower resolution, making it look "zoomed in," while when I log out of SWTOR, the resolution resets.

If your problem is due to a crash, just adjust your monitor resolution manually from your desktop. SWTOR just didn't get a chance to release control of your resolution settings, but they should be easily changeable. Right clicking your desktop should give you an option for managing your screen resolution.

If you want to run SWTOR in your native resolution and your machine can handle it, then you can change it under the graphics settings in your preferences once in game. That should avoid the "zoomed in" appearance when tabbing out.