Patch 2.2 Sentinel PVP BIS Relics

Puja

The Conqueror Relic of Serendipitous Assault is a given. So what about the second relic?

I tested the two force relics since sentinels will have a better chance of them critting than the tech relics.

Since the internal force relic ignores armor it always does 208 damage uncritted and 392 damage (with my crit modifier) critted.

Here is the breakdown for the kinetic force relic:

damage / damage with crit

PVP dummy: 221 / 418

PVP dummy and Shii-Cho Mastery from Focus Tree: 235 / 445

PVE dummy: 180 / 339

PVE dummy and Shii-Cho Mastery from Focus Tree: 201 / 379

For PVE an internal force relic is the clear winner. For PVP I went with kinetic force. It may do less damage against some tanks (PT/Juggs possibly) but more against everyone else.

Edited by Puja

For PvP you should assume the enemy has the SI class buff which reduces all elemental/internal by 10%. I calculated earlier that the enemy needs to have around 33% mitigation to energy/kinetic as a function of armor (the generic mods don't count because they also work on internal/elemental) for the two relics to break even. This basically means kinetic/energy version is better on anyone except possibly PT/Jugg tanks (Assassin tanks start with ~20% mitigation to internal).

I'm very skeptical of the Matrix Cube being best in slot, but have no idea how one could test it since whacking on the PVP dummy doesn't turn on bolster.

You can just equip it in a WZ and select 3 attacks that'd be reasonable in a normal rotation and see if the added tooltip damage is higher than the proc damage. I find that extremely doubtful since a willpower stim gives me about 150 more damage on Force Lightning so even a Willpower stim doesn't add that kind of damage in 3 GCDs and the offensive numbers on a Willpower stim are considerably bigger than Matrix cube. Even if you allow 4 GCDs per proc I doubt those numbers would ever come close.

For PvP you should assume the enemy has the SI class buff which reduces all elemental/internal by 10%. I calculated earlier that the enemy needs to have around 33% mitigation to energy/kinetic as a function of armor (the generic mods don't count because they also work on internal/elemental) for the two relics to break even. This basically means kinetic/energy version is better on anyone except possibly PT/Jugg tanks (Assassin tanks start with ~20% mitigation to internal).

I tweaked the last sentence in the original post to specifically mention PT/Jugg tanks. Thanks.

Lets say your proc relic does approximately 250 damage every 8 attacks. For a different relic to do more damage over 8 attacks, it needs to give an extra 33 damage per attack. That would require about 170 power. So if a PvE relic can give about 170 power (or 33 damage) after bolster, then you could say that its equal. But if they are equal, a burst is better instead of the same damage spread out over 8 attacks.

If you calculate the proc rate at 1 in 8, and the damage at only 200, the PvE relic only needs to add 25 damage, or 125 power to be even.

If you calculate the proc rate at 1 in 6, and the damage at 250, the PvE relic needs to add 42 damage, or 210 power to be even.

The damage proc relic will tend to deal its damage sooner in the fight. The static bonus requires longer fights for the bonus to be even.

So it depends on how you want to calculate it. But in any case its pretty close but the static bonus never has a clear edge due to burst IMO.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Lets say your proc relic does approximately 250 damage every 8 attacks. For a different relic to do more damage over 8 attacks, it needs to give an extra 33 damage per attack. That would require about 170 power. So if a PvE relic can give about 170 power (or 33 damage) after bolster, then you could say that its equal. But if they are equal, a burst is better instead of the same damage spread out over 8 attacks.

If you calculate the proc rate at 1 in 8, and the damage at only 200, the PvE relic only needs to add 25 damage, or 125 power to be even.

If you calculate the proc rate at 1 in 6, and the damage at 250, the PvE relic needs to add 42 damage, or 210 power to be even.

The damage proc relic will tend to deal its damage sooner in the fight. The static bonus requires longer fights for the bonus to be even.

So it depends on how you want to calculate it. But in any case its pretty close but the static bonus never has a clear edge due to burst IMO.

From my observation the 'X% chance to proc' works on each hit of a multi-hit attack so the proc rate is higher than you'd expect.

Yep. But the next proc can't happen for 6 seconds (4 attacks) so every 5th, 6th, or 7th one should proc.

6 seconds on Serendipitous

4.5 seconds on the kinetic force relic

that.

you lose 2 expertise and get a static stat boost with the bolster.

Its another fail that bioware would even design all these other dmg relics just to have a lvl 50 even be considered as an option for BIS . I think we will see some adjustments one day that will make the other dmg pvp relics more attractive choice for 55 RWZ's

I think it is quite spec dependant whether the matrix cube is more preferred to the proc relics.

AOE specs and specs that involve multi dotting will probably benefit more from the matrix cube while more single target oriented specs may do better with the proc ones. I think smashers for example would probs be better off with a matrix cube.

In any case i will probably experiment with both..

Edited by AngusFTW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.