What should we use for Relics now (No more Conq/Partisan brokeness)

Ditolus

we cant stack conq partisan serendiptious relics anymore after todays patch. i was thinking use one underworld serendiptious relic and one of teh arkanian ones that procs for elemental or tech damage every 4 seconds.

After doing a little testing in my ship with all of the trinkets I think that if you're a Lethality PVPer you're going to want to go with:

Conqueror Relic of the Cerulean Nova: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/48981/conqueror-relic-of-the-cerulean-nova

The damage can be mitigated by defensive stats, however with shatter shot and target acquired the damage goes up significantly higher than all of the other procing tech damage trinkets. You can only get the other ones up to 202 non-crit on a warzone target dummy where as these get up to 230 non crits with target acquired up.

I would assume the other specs would benefit just the same :)

They don't allow stacking now but I want to ask whether or not conqueror relic still procs off heal from vital regulators and damage separately after the patch? If so that would still be better than UW SA relic.

They don't allow stacking now but I want to ask whether or not conqueror relic still procs off heal from vital regulators and damage separately after the patch? If so that would still be better than UW SA relic.

Not working separately.

I wonder how exactly two of the same relics do work now. All they said was that they won't stack buffs. If each is on its own independent 20 sec counter, then I'll probably still stick two of them in the hopes that every once in a while they'll proc right after each other.

If the two of them are going to share the exact same single counter, then honestly the defense buff one would give about a 5% defense buff (435 points) for 6 seconds out of 20, I dunno that 'might' be more useful then an extra 300ish? damage every 4.5 seconds.

Probably need to take a hard look at a matrix cube too, sad as it is. It bolsters to -1 max expertise (lolbolster). Static stats.

Edited by islander

I am currently still using Conq SA with UW BA, but will be shooting for an UW SA to replace the Conq as soon as I can. All SA relics have proven themselves to be very strong and a choice for most people, and BA is massively powerful if used correctly, moreso than most comparisons take into account.

• 2 weeks later...
for PVE i'm using UW BA and Arkanian BA, they have a 45 sec CD ub between them so its like 30 secs of down time when they not being clicked

I didn't know the two clicky relic shares only 45sec CD. I've been convince myself otherwise. Now for Gunslinger, that's exactly what I want. Thank you for the info!

Edited by DerekDrake

• 3 weeks later...

If the same relic shares the same "category" for a proc, then there is a 50-50 chance for either of them to proc. Tried the defensive + absorb proc one on my tank for a full fp run, checked on bosses and saw almost all of them as defensive proc and very rarely the absorb proc.

Same deal with SA and internal dmg proc ones on the sniper. SA procced 8 times, internal dmg one 2 times on the athiss bonus boss.

However, still not sold on what to use on the sniper...