The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bizarre Force Potency/Force Recklessness Behavior

Ryvirath

This is largely in reference to the force potency interaction with force in balance. If I cast force in balance with one charge that charge is consumed and the +60% crit is applied to the entire aoe regardless of how many people you hit. So the + crit chance applies to the entire aoe once. Makes sense right? If I use it with two or three charges I get the same effect, but all charges are consumed. In this instance the FiB is still applying it once to the whole aoe and then consuming extra charges per crit that add nothing.

It should either calculate each crit individually from FiB in which case all charges would be consumed or calculate it once in which case only one charge should be consumed regardless of number of targets.

• 1 month later...
I have noticed this issue since 2.0 came out as well on my sorcerer, but I stopped playing madness as often so I didn't think about it. However, the other day I was in a rated match and got my force lightning to tick twice as fast but I had chain lightning proc'd. So I used recklesness and used chain lightning and then follow up with force lightning to burn a healer down, BUT chain lightning consumed ALL my stacks when I needed it. So can devs or our new community reps please address this?