The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Seeker Droid Bugs

wishingwell

I have found a few bugs while using the seeker droid. Please note that changing instances, clearing the cache, running repairs, or restarting the client are not workarounds; I have tried all these things and it does not seem to make any difference.

1. An "interesting item" find rewards you with nothing.

1a: The droid grabs nothing with its arm, but you get the interesting find message. The surrounding area still indicates something is nearby. (This was also mentioned here and is, I believe, the same problem.)

1b. The droid grabs the big, ornate box and brings it to you, but you receive nothing. Nothing is mailed to you either, whether or not you have inventory space available. No circle appears after the scan and further scanning indicates nothing is nearby.

2. Mysteriously disappearing items nearby. Simply put, you follow the breadcrumbs around for a few casts and then, suddenly, nothing is nearby any more. This is not a case of someone else picking up the item, as this has happened numerous times while nobody has been anywhere near. Going back and retracing your steps does not help -- the item you were hunting has just vanished into thin air and there are no more indicators of something nearby. Furthermore, I don't believe this is a case of the area resetting, as I have had this happen several times in a row and/or mixed within successful digs. (i.e. Dig #1 success, Dig #2 ten minutes later fails, Dig #3 5 mins later success, Dig #4 10 mins later fails, Dig #5 15 minutes later fails... etc.)

2a: I suspect that this is either related to the previously mentioned bug OR it is a problem with layers somehow overlapping. I have noticed that this happens most often on Hoth when I am on a low-pop layer and there is at least one or two more layers going. Switching layers while this is happening always results in the new layer having an active treasure area in the same spot.

3. Seemingly disproportionate rewards.

3a. The ever-annoying "interesting item" is a crappy piece of green armor, when five steps away a normal success brings a much more valuable (if still undesirable) blue piece of armor. While this may not be a bug per se, it is highly bizarre and does not seem to be working properly.

3b. Simply put, my Sith Assassin seems incapable of finding speeder parts. I have used her seeker droid more than any other character's, yet she is 0/0 for any and all parts. Meanwhile, my Smuggler and Sage have both found a speeder part, and I have searched treasure areas with them only a couple times each. Location does not seem to make a difference either. Perhaps this is just bad luck, but it seems like ridiculously bad luck. For what it's worth, my SA is farther along on the seeker droid and macrobinoculars quest lines than any of my other characters, but I have purposely not finished them to avoid getting nothing but Dreadseed armor.

3c. Speaking of, I know more than one person who, after finishing the aforementioned quest lines, find armor piece after armor piece but rarely anything else for special treasures.

4. Seeker droids become unusable from the quickbar and must be cleared from/re-plopped into the slot. This actually happens with the macrobinoculars as well. Resetting the UI does nothing to help. I keep my droid and binoculars in the extended quickbars and they tend to go unclickable at random intervals; usually it will be just after or before doing a quest that requires their use. So, to be clearer: Log in, nothing seems amiss -- complete quest using droid or binoculars -- move to treasure area and suddenly cannot click on droid/binocs/either one via the quickbar -- must unlock quickbars, clear the desired slots, and re-plop the mission items in. Obviously not a game breaking bug but it can get aggravating.

I think that's all I've found so far. Apologies if these have been covered in this forum before, but I did not find a related bug report using the search bar.