Seeker Droid Complaint - Possible Unintended Feature

Onaga

Hello BioWare and the Star Wars Community,

Summary:

I have recently done some real looking into for the seeker droid, especially when it comes to looking for the GSI Pleasure Speeder parts. I believe I have discovered an unintended feature in the searching mechanics of the droid.

Reasons for Post

As many people know, the Pleasure Speeder and as the achievement title suggests, "It Ain't Easy." However, I believe that the finding of these parts is either VERY EASY or VERY VERY HARD to do. Ill explain in a moment what I mean. People complain of getting the Dread Seed armor over and over again when searching for these parts. I think I know why we are having so much trouble. On the flip side, I also now think that the reason people, like my guild master, have been finding parts like candy are related to the Dread Seed armor (or Star Seeker, or whatever you pubs are).

Explanations of Reasoning: Very Easy vs Near Impossibly to Locate the Parts

As I said before, the parts can be VERY easy to find. For example, two days ago, my guild master did not know how to use the seeker droid. In less than 1 hour, he had 2 pieces. In less than 2 days, he had all the pieces except for the reputation vendor piece. I on the other hand have been searching for the Pleasure Speeder for WEEKS. I have spent literally days (in hours played) searching, to only have currently acquired 4 parts (GSI Vendor Included).

Why the differences in time? Because my guild master has NOT completed [Heroic 4] Alchemy of Evil. Why does this matter? Because the completion of this mission enables the Dread Seed armor to be found. Without the completion of this mission, seeker droid users are NOT bothered by the constant duplicate findings of this stupid armor. They are MORE LIKELY to find the Pleasure Speeder parts than anyone who can completed this Mission.

I believe that this is an unintended feature for the seeker droid. And if this is intended, it has to be the stupidest logic I have ever seen. "Let's punish those looking for the Speeder, after completing the story line for the Seeker droid, having 4 duplicate sets of Dread Seed armor, and have begun to SELL excess Explorer and Exploiter speeder parts."

I hope to hear back from the administration and the community regarding their experiences with this issue and I hope something can be compensated for all of us who are fed up with chasing our tails.

Have a great day and good hunting,

-Onaga

interesting... probably wont get answered here though... it would have to go into the general forum. but its an interesting point. i've completed the heroic but haven't been able to find anything lol... not speeder parts, not armour pieces, nadir...

I hate to burst your bubble, but I've got 2 alts that have not even gotten halfway through the seeker droid quests and have nearly a full set of Dreadseed armor (only missing the chest piece for both of them) but not a single speeder part. Don't know what to tell you as I have a couple of guildies in the same boat. We keep thinking we need to do the heroic to get the speeder part.

So, basically, we are in the opposite situation that you're in. Sucks cause I was hoping for some answers.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I've got 2 alts that have not even gotten halfway through the seeker droid quests and have nearly a full set of Dreadseed armor (only missing the chest piece for both of them) but not a single speeder part. Don't know what to tell you as I have a couple of guildies in the same boat. We keep thinking we need to do the heroic to get the speeder part.

So, basically, we are in the opposite situation that you're in. Sucks cause I was hoping for some answers.

Then you must have an alternative bug. You should not be allowed to find the dread seed armor before selecting your Light Side/ Dark Side choice at the end of the Heroic 4, enabling which armor sets you will find.

As for the finishing the Heroic 4 to find the speeder parts, my guild master just picked up the Seeker Droid mission, got his seeker droid and that's it. Not a single mission further and has 5/6 parts.

Also, thank you for moving this topic into the appropriate section. I did not know which to post it into. If it is in the bug report section, it might be looked at.

-Onaga

Yeah, it seems to be a bug on this. I search 2 hours on one side. There was only enemies and only scrap and gifts. No we are three Persons looking at this side and nobody found something (Neither GSI Speeder or something special) . The only side just work was the PVP Side on Tatooine.

This annoys a lot, because finding this bug takes a long long time.

Edit: Somebody found a dread seed piece, but no Speeder piece at all.

Edited by Madjoes

There is definitely a problem here. There probably 50% of the time I get an armor piece that kills the area. Which limits my chances to finding speeder part to almost zero when you consider the other things that can also kill an area. Would really like some clarification on this

• 10 months later...
I know this is an old thread but in case someone else happens along this post as I did today...I have never done the heroic, have never gotten the gear, but I happened to be farming in alderaan today and got the message that something was detected by my seeker droid. I spent nearly 2 hours seeking parts and got 4 parts within that time to the speeder, plus a few other things (rep, artifact, etc.). I'm not sure how I was able to stay in the same area so long. I was actually looking for a post to see why it seems to be so buggy. As the op said above, I have green in one direction, sometimes making a turn still green, then all of a sudden red. I go back to the previous green spot and ...red. This happens many times and is why it took hours to finish one site.

• 8 months later...

Nothing wrong with the seeker droid. when used correctly.

1. Always use the GSI triangulation Enhancer MK2

2. Beware of rocks or trees they cause triangulation errors. If the triangulation is different on multiple occasion whilst near rocks or trees, the item is usually inside the rock or tree.

3. Triangulation errors can also be caused by multiple buried treasure in close proximity.

4. Once you have launched your seeker droid go and stand on that spot while it is digging. You will get a much closer and accurate triangulation for your next dig.

5. if your Seeker droid accidentally digs up a hibernating beast, kill it as quick as you can and dig on the same spot again. On rare occasions the beast will have been hibernating on top of something nice.

6. Always use the Seeker droid speed enhancers which are often found by your seeker droid.

7. Completing the story arc's for Macro-binoculars and Seeker droid for both factions will enable the recovery of both factions armor sets. (Although i have a vague memory of this being patched some time ago so that it is no longer a prerequisite, i may be incorrect on this point however)

In one 5 hour dig session my seeker droid retrieved enough speeder parts to make 5 whole speeders, 2 complete sets of Star forager armor and 3 sets of Dread seed armor. 24 basic coms, 2 stacks of frazium, 1 stack of Mythra, plus various medical supplies, rep tokens and speed enhancers.

I hope the above is of some help

Sugar'ray (Repside main), Giblet (Impside main)- The Progenitor