The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why we pay for barbershop

dovid-r

To all those who are complaining about having to pay cartel coins for customizing your char after you make it, I present the following threads/posts that sung a very different tune:

1. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615763

Im sure im not the only one but why is it such an issue to have a name changed? It is a win win for you guys you get money and let us be happy to fix bad choices we made in a name, esp when we think of one that you woulda rather had that is available and you cant seem to re roll again cause your already half way to 50...

2. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359030

We should be eligible to pay for a cosmetic change.

To keep this brief:

For this service we as customers should expect a charge. For instance:

Quote:

I loath my character's skin colour. It's far too pale for most of the earth-coloured robes. I'd much like a more sun-kissed glow to my character but alas, she is level 50 and I do not want to re-level her.

I would be more than willing to pay in cash to alter her appearance as I see fit.

Perhaps this service could be extended to change race? For instance, from Twi'lek to Human—all within the class racial limitations of course.

Thank you.

3. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=103016&page=2

Old 01.03.2012 , 04:43 PM | #16

Report Post Quote

I messed up one choice with my character's appearance and really want to change it. Rerolling is out of the question, with so much time invested in my character already.

Please please please add this feature. Make it cost credits, make it cost real money, make it free, I don't care.

4. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=208362&highlight=barbershop&page=2

Old 01.20.2012 , 05:29 PM | #17

Report Post Quote

I don't expect the barbershop any time soon but it absolutely needs to be a future feature. Sometimes you just don't want to look like you did 3 years ago. I'd even take advantage of a paid service to change more than my hair as my dude is white as a ghost.

5. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286195&highlight=barbershop

Old 02.09.2012 , 12:36 PM | #1

Report Post Quote

How hard can it be? How many resources would it take to establish a function or NPC that would allow you to reopen the last page from the character creation screens - the one with hair, complexion, jewelry, color, etc?

Free, for credits or RL$ (the least desirable option, of course), but please, what might look fine in the selection screen might look ghastly inside a spaceship, or Hoth. People need to be able to tweak their character's appearance after creation. Especially given how subtle the changes can be between complexion types.

This has been brought up on numerous occasions and no developer has said so much as a peep about it. The most that has been acknowledged is the Hood up/down issue. I would think (and could be wrong of course) that having character artists create hoods down art for all the hood chests is a more onerous process than simply being able to reopen the last page of the character creator for cosmetic re-customization.

Could we please have some official word on this?

I would post more but I think that this is enough to prove my point. You can't beg for a feature, say you'll pay for it if you have to, then complain that you have to pay for it.

I would mention that I know that you're complaining about the high price of the barbershop, etc. rather than the fact that you have to pay for it at all, and that the principle is still the same, but I know you'd just ignore me. So go ahead subs, troll me.

We pay for barbershop because Bioware lied to us and EA have turned this game into a money grabbing theme park.

And 5 posts? I think you need a lot more than 5 quotes from random people who support paid barbershop to prove your point lol

We arent complaining about the high prices, people are complaining because, like I said, Bioware lied to us. They said it would be free when it isn't

/thread.

Edited by Vassise

We pay for barbershop because Bioware lied to us and EA have turned this game into a money grabbing theme park.

And 5 posts? I think you need a lot more than 5 quotes from random people who support paid barbershop to prove your point lol

We arent complaining about the high prices, people are complaining because, like I said, Bioware lied to us. They said it would be free when it isn't

/thread.

I think you need to calm down a minute. I do not remember BioWare ever saying the re customization would be free.

Certain parts of the SWTOR community believe that they are so entitled and special that everything they have ever wanted was promised to them, regardless of it if was even mentioned or not. And any time they do not get exactly what they want, someone lied to them (their brain).

Yeah people wanted this and I have no idea why others are so mad over it honestly.

Not to mention that as a sub you get a hill of cartel coins every month so I mean, what is the problem? I'm happy to save up some coins for stuff I want.

Save.

Coins.

They tell us in advance what is going to happen so:

SAVE. COINS.

Didn't save coins? Want something that costs coins? Start saving coins. :rak_03:

Why we pay for barbershop

what is this the follow up to 50cents Candyshop

I take you to the barber shop

I'll let you trim the ear hairs,just be real soft

Go 'head Jawa, don't you stop

I got tons of cartel coins an penty bling so do your thang!

Keep goin this is Why we pay for barber shop(whoa)

I'll take you to the barber shop

trim a little off the top

I'll have you shaving my beard is that all you got

Edited by JediJonesJr

what is this the follow up to 50cents Candyshop

I take you to the barber shop

I'll let you trim the ear hairs,just be real soft

Go 'head Jawa, don't you stop

I got tons of cartel coins an penty bling so do your thang!

I'll take you to the barber shop

trim a little off the top

I'll have you shaving my beard is that all you got

Go back to Tumblr

On topic though, I understand some people are offended by the principal - but really, changing your hair is spare change, and for 5 bucks you can change about everything save race, and still have a couple coins leftover for a valor boost. If five dollars is a lot of money to you, you should rethink whether you can afford to play games.

And for personal input, the only issue I've got is gambling for online cosmetic goods in the form of buying a bunch o' cartel packs.

Edited by Dimeru

Go back to Tumblr

On topic though, I understand some people are offended by the principal - but really, changing your hair is spare change, and for 5 bucks you can change about everything save race, and still have a couple coins leftover for a valor boost. If five dollars is a lot of money to you, you should rethink whether you can afford to play games.

And for personal input, the only issue I've got is gambling for online cosmetic goods in the form of buying a bunch o' cartel packs.

you go back to tumblr first.

why should i pay for a barber shop and sub, i would have no issue of bw said ok you can use credits to change hair/beard color and the cartel coins for other options eye color,facial changes body changes should be a cartel item no way in hell i will spend 5$ for an option that should be free to subs.

this new item is a cosmetic appearance station bw just added.

Barber shop should have been a separate station just for features that change hair color & style

/thread.

Lied? They've been doing that long before this game was even released, why should they stop now? Besides they know people will pay it. And smile while paying it

I think race changes everyone should have to pay for.

Changing your body shape, hair style, face, tattoos etc should be available as a credit purchase to subscribers. While F2P players should have to use coins.

I can understand bioware wanting to force F2P guys to pay for certain things, but they shouldn't be trying to nickle and dime their paying subscribers as well, bad practice imo.

Prime example of course being WoW they offer this exact same service, minor appearance changes can be paid for with gold (credits) and race changes require RMT. That's how it works for their subscribers I really don't see why BioWare can't do the same.

Same thing for dye and armor sets, more specifically dye, why on earth are they making paying subscribers also pay for things like dye and extra armor sets. These things should come with a subscription. Subscription players should get full access to everything with the exception of things like race changes, faction changes (if they ever implement it) etc.

Edited by RTCBrad