I have a quick question about vibrosword and lightsabor

laoshapigou

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a Maurader and I'm trying to figure out how to wield 2 sabers. I'm a level 13, Can anyone give me some guidance?

Are you sure you are a Marauder? Serious question :).

Press "C" to open your Character Screen. In the top left corner does it say "Marauder"?

If "no", and it says "Warrior" instead then take a look at this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=592348

and you might want to take a look at this one as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=592316

If "no", and it says "Juggernaut" instead then you made a mistake in selecting your Advanced Class and as such you cannot use 2 lightsabers. If you want to use 2 lightsabers you will have to make another Warrior and be SURE to choose "Marauder" as your Advanced Class.

If "yes", it does say "Marauder", then what are you using in your mainhand? If you still have your "Training Saber" equipped (why? ;)), that might be the problem. The "Training Saber" is a two-handed weapon (even though there is no indication of that) and does not allow you to equip a weapon in your offhand.

Hope the above helps.

Are you sure you are a Marauder? Serious question :).

Press "C" to open your Character Screen. In the top left corner does it say "Marauder"?

If "no", and it says "Warrior" instead then take a look at this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=592348

and you might want to take a look at this one as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=592316

If "no", and it says "Juggernaut" instead then you made a mistake in selecting your Advanced Class and as such you cannot use 2 lightsabers. If you want to use 2 lightsabers you will have to make another Warrior and be SURE to choose "Marauder" as your Advanced Class.

If "yes", it does say "Marauder", then what are you using in your mainhand? If you still have your "Training Saber" equipped (why? ;)), that might be the problem. The "Training Saber" is a two-handed weapon (even though there is no indication of that) and does not allow you to equip a weapon in your offhand.

Hope the above helps.

The training saber is 2 handed? ***? what moron would have figured THAT out?

The training saber is 2 handed? ***? what moron would have figured THAT out?

This moron :).

A loooooonnnnngggg time ago I hit level 10 on my Jedi Knight before having completed my story line on Tython. I travelled to the fleet, chose the Advanced Class of Sentinel. Opened my supply pack and couldn't equip the offhand saber that was in there. The error message indicated something along the lines of not having a free slot for the weapon (I forget the exact text :p). I had to go back to Tython, complete my class story and get my "first" lightsaber. I could then dual-wield. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm a maurader I will double check tonight. I do remember not being able to complete a mod mission to my training saber thing in koriban and left it, so Im not sure if that's where I went wrong.

Uh oh... that sounds concerning.

You see, the "mod mission" is to show you how you can modify your lightsaber (that you received for completing your class quest on Korriban) which is a "moddable weapon": it contains "components" that can be upgraded.

What do you mean by you "left it"? Do you still have the lightsaber you received for completing your class story on Korriban (check your inventory for a lightsaber called "Ancient Lightsaber")? If you do, equip it. Then check your inventory for the Marauder's Lightsaber (you got this in a supply pack when you chose "Marauder": if you don't see the lightsaber check if you have the pack in your inventory) and equip it.

Uh oh... that sounds concerning.

You see, the "mod mission" is to show you how you can modify your lightsaber (that you received for completing your class quest on Korriban) which is a "moddable weapon": it contains "components" that can be upgraded.

What do you mean by you "left it"? Do you still have the lightsaber you received for completing your class story on Korriban (check your inventory for a lightsaber called "Ancient Lightsaber")? If you do, equip it. Then check your inventory for the Marauder's Lightsaber (you got this in a supply pack when you chose "Marauder": if you don't see the lightsaber check if you have the pack in your inventory) and equip it.

I left the mission incomplete because I moded the ancient saber,but the mission would not complete and I could not figure out what else I needed to do, so I left it incomplete.

I left the mission incomplete because I moded the ancient saber,but the mission would not complete and I could not figure out what else I needed to do, so I left it incomplete.

Ahh... this is actually a common issue. You complete the mission by interacting with the "little pedestal" that is next to the Modding Station and the not the Modding Station itself. The "little pedestal" is a lore object. You click on it, get the codex entry, complete the quest and get an enhancement to add to your lightsaber.

So... did you check and are you a "Marauder"?

Ahh... this is actually a common issue. You complete the mission by interacting with the "little pedestal" that is next to the Modding Station and the not the Modding Station itself. The "little pedestal" is a lore object. You click on it, get the codex entry, complete the quest and get an enhancement to add to your lightsaber.

So... did you check and are you a "Marauder"?

Ok so I am a maurader and I did have a pack I needed to open up for the double saber. Thanks all for the help! I truly appreciate it and I'm glad this community is here to help. Also I will now go back and complete that moddiing mission now that you have said what I missed.

Thanks again.

Ok so I am a maurader and I did have a pack I needed to open up for the double saber. Thanks all for the help! I truly appreciate it and I'm glad this community is here to help. Also I will now go back and complete that moddiing mission now that you have said what I missed.

Thanks again.

Glad to have helped.

Have fun! ;)