Where To Next?

Andrastee

I'm on Level 53 with my Sorcerer, and about to finish my class storyline on Corellia.

I didn't mean to, but a complementary XP boost here, a bonus series there and running all the Flashpoints a couple of times each put me considerably over the intended level for players finishing Corellia. So now I find myself over-levelled and under-geared. (I've been buying mods at the Markeb commendations vendor, but I'm a fair way off having a complete set for all slots.)

It's evident that I'm going to hit the cap before I run out of content, so I"m wondering if I should skip Ilum and go straight to Markeb? I'm primarily interesting in solo content, although I do Flashpoints with PUGs.

if you're playing for solo content and liking the story, i'd suggest you just do it in order and do only the class quest(s). its useful to unlock the ilum chain as you may want to do the dailys at some later point (best credit to daily ratio still). also, there are some story elements there.

its normal to outlevel the content. most of us do. nothing wrong with it. in terms of gear, tbh its going to come from hm fps anyway.

It's evident that I'm going to hit the cap before I run out of content, so I"m wondering if I should skip Ilum and go straight to Markeb? I'm primarily interesting in solo content, although I do Flashpoints with PUGs.

yes

go right to Makeb

You can go to Illum after makeb and Illum line is very short

I found myself there already. Been a PvE completionist (like to get every quest, every planet, ever datacron, etc) I finished up to Ilum and entered Makeb as a L55. It will make the first areas on Makeb easier but as you go through it comes up to L54/55 enemies and becomes a normal challenge. There is also so much to do, you can go off to Microbin/seeker etc.

The class line ends at Ilum when you get sent to the FP. There are very few missions there, so it goes quick. All of it can be done later if you want to skip, but it will be sitting on your "todo" for a while.

I think this will happen even more with my newer toons now. I usually hit L50 at Voss, so Corellia and Ilum put me up to L55 easy way before you ever see Makeb.

Thanks for the advice, folks. I have now finished the last part on Dromund Kaas.

It's good to be a Dark Council member!

its normal to outlevel the content. most of us do. nothing wrong with it.

I'm not surprised - I didn't even do all the bonus areas or most of the Heroics (low population server) or spend any time in PVP. Or any space missions, for that matter. (Although I did finish almost every solo bonus mission in the game.)

in terms of gear, tbh its going to come from hm fps anyway.

Oh, that's good to know. What level of gear do I need to start doing those?

Edited by Andrastee