A Question about Companion Affection

shindaraa

I'm actually interested in this question as well.

In game information hints that it should lower the time to complete missions, but I have found no evidence of this to be true to date - has anyone else noticed any benefits to companion affection?

An in game loading tip I saw stated that it can lead to better results. Now that I finally got the companion I wanted, I've been able to send out my old one with ~5k affection, and seem to have noticed more green boxes and less white from her, but this is just a casual observation, I have no proof to back this up.

That said, it is probably just a slight change in the numbers allowing for better RNG when it comes to crit returns, but to prove such a thing would take a lot of sample data and some elementary stats analysis.

Or we can just believe in the loading tip.

Building affection with a companion has 2 impacts in terms of crafting:

1. It reduces the time a mission will take. So if a mission normally would take 15 minutes, then if you have some affection build up with your companion it might take 13 minutes 40 seconds. Something like that. Not a huge deal as a lowbie, but I suspect once you get to the higher levels it might be nice to have a mission take 45 minutes rather than an hour.

2. It increases the chance that your companion will have a "critical success" on a mission. Depending upon what profession you are talking about, a crit success maybe mean more of the same thing, or in some cases, it could mean a bonus like a crafting schematic.

I'm actually interested in this question as well.

In game information hints that it should lower the time to complete missions, but I have found no evidence of this to be true to date - has anyone else noticed any benefits to companion affection?

I noticed that a 5 minute mission with my khem vhal started at 4mins 40 secs. His affection isn't overly high, but it still hints that the long missions later may be shortened significantly.

I noticed that a 5 minute mission with my khem vhal started at 4mins 40 secs. His affection isn't overly high, but it still hints that the long missions later may be shortened significantly.

You know I was really only checking the posted mission times - I'll check and see if I can get better information on the actual time to complete and see fi it is altered.

Also, do you happen to know what type of mission he was on? (Crafting/Gathering/Diplomacy)

An in game loading tip I saw stated that it can lead to better results. Now that I finally got the companion I wanted, I've been able to send out my old one with ~5k affection, and seem to have noticed more green boxes and less white from her, but this is just a casual observation, I have no proof to back this up.

That said, it is probably just a slight change in the numbers allowing for better RNG when it comes to crit returns, but to prove such a thing would take a lot of sample data and some elementary stats analysis.

Or we can just believe in the loading tip.

In my experiance now that Jorgun has more affection for me he is consistantly performing better. My droid however is consistantly not impressing me. I did read somewhere, that said the better the affection the better they will do at their mission.