The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ETA on Advanced Class change?

this topic has been argued to death.. and in the sea of opinions on this issue.. i am on the side of the AC changers..

unfortunately, the comparison i have to make is with WoW.. but in this case i feel its relevant.

I havent played that much since the release of cata.. but the classes back then i feel help illustrate my point the best anyway..

lets take a look at pallies:

ret played way different than prot

prot played way different than holy

yet players could switch to what they wanted on the fly.

for priests:

disc/holy priest played way different than shadow.

yet players could switch at will

for rogue

subtly played way different than combat.

assassination played different than subtly or combat..

and again..players could switch at will.

point is.. the classes played differently depending on spec, as they do in TOR. i see no reason why players in TOR should be handicapped in choosing how they play their base class. i dont care if they are level 10 or 55.

as for the pay to win argument.. imo, if they do this. it should be an in game cost ONLY. make it part of the dual spec system. that way the pay to win argument is moot. everyone will have access to it.

again, i know im in the minority here (at least on this forum).. but i dont see a problem with AC change. sorry i dont. i got no issue with those that do. just give players like myself the same respect in return.

You've just said that everything is the same? Are you even playing Star Wars: The Old Republic:rak_02:

Our talents systems are almost exactly the same as with the old World of Warcraft (Before the new talents n' such) Just that our classes advance even more when we hit level 10. Our talent's are played differently aswell ya know?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've just said that everything is the same? Are you even playing Star Wars: The Old Republic:rak_02:

Our talents systems are almost exactly the same as with the old World of Warcraft (Before the new talents n' such) Just that our classes advance even more when we hit level 10. Our talent's are played differently aswell ya know?

Pre WOTLK WoW was broken, that is why with WOTLK they made it so you were forced to pick your spec (ac) then put points, but you were still able to switch around within the base class.

If you limit your characters class to certain things, the game will self destruct. People need to have freedom with there class, look at other successful mmos, theres no restrictions on what you can do within your root class, and thats a big reason why they are successful.

Edited by PeterTLJr

Pre WOTLK WoW was broken, that is why with WOTLK they made it so you were forced to pick your spec (ac) then put points, but you were still able to switch around within the base class.

Are we really going to have a round two? Why are you so ignorant to not understand that your Advanced Class is infact your class. Bioware already stated that it won't happen:jawa_eek:

In World of Warcraft they had 3 talents, and so do we. The three talents in WoW is played differently, and so is it in SW:TOR.

Just stop yourself mate, you're beating a old dead goat even more. There is nothing to come for. As I said in my post in your thread. I personally wouldn't care if you could change advanced class, since I have a sniper which I would like to become an Operative. But Bioware said it won't happen, and in all honesty, I would prefer if they would work on something way more important then sparing you the time to reroll your char.

Are we really going to have a round two? Why are you so ignorant to not understand that your Advanced Class is infact your class. Bioware already stated that it won't happen:jawa_eek:

In World of Warcraft they had 3 talents, and so do we. The three talents in WoW is played differently, and so is it in SW:TOR.

Just stop yourself mate, you're beating a old dead goat even more. There is nothing to come for. As I said in my post in your thread. I personally wouldn't care if you could change advanced class, since I have a sniper which I would like to become an Operative. But Bioware said it won't happen, and in all honesty, I would prefer if they would work on something way more important then sparing you the time to reroll your char.

Just because I dont agree with you makes me ignorant?

Your ignorant for thinking your AC is your base class.

Just because I dont agree with you makes me ignorant?

Your ignorant for thinking your AC is your base class.

Ding ding ding ding! Round two!

You already agreed to it yourself, that Advanced Class won't happen and you had to reroll! Do you really want me to go dig the old thread in orden to quote ya?

Ding ding ding ding! Round two!

You already agreed to it yourself, that Advanced Class won't happen and you had to reroll! Do you really want me to go dig the old thread in orden to quote ya?

Go ahead. I did reroll, I also said that if they dont allow AC changes it wont affect how I feel about this game.

Go ahead. I did reroll, I also said that if they dont allow AC changes it wont affect how I feel about this game.

Oh so you don't like the game? Why are you playing it then? Go play World of Warcraft if that is your ultimate game of desire for changing your "base" class, as you prefer to put it.

this topic has been argued to death.. and in the sea of opinions on this issue.. i am on the side of the AC changers..

unfortunately, the comparison i have to make is with WoW.. but in this case i feel its relevant.

I havent played that much since the release of cata.. but the classes back then i feel help illustrate my point the best anyway..

lets take a look at pallies:

ret played way different than prot

prot played way different than holy

yet players could switch to what they wanted on the fly.

for priests:

disc/holy priest played way different than shadow.

yet players could switch at will

for rogue

subtly played way different than combat.

assassination played different than subtly or combat..

and again..players could switch at will.

point is.. the classes played differently depending on spec, as they do in TOR. i see no reason why players in TOR should be handicapped in choosing how they play their base class. i dont care if they are level 10 or 55.

as for the pay to win argument.. imo, if they do this. it should be an in game cost ONLY. make it part of the dual spec system. that way the pay to win argument is moot. everyone will have access to it.

again, i know im in the minority here (at least on this forum).. but i dont see a problem with AC change. sorry i dont. i got no issue with those that do. just give players like myself the same respect in return.

What? you.. ummm.. what?

I'm a sage, I can RESPEC to Seer if I want to heal or Tele/Balance to DPS (like a Priest in WoW and RESPEC into damge or healing)

These play differently, very differently. This is just like WoWs system. Allowing a AC change for me is literally the same as Priest in WoW and the next day having a Rogue and the next having a Warrior... seems kinda stupid.

Why doesn't someone suggest that we all start out with a blob class (no choices at the start, load up and there you go, Blob), has every ability, plays like a blob then you can morph into any class you want whenever you want. That's no different then letting people change their entire class.

Oh so you don't like the game? Why are you playing it then? Go play World of Warcraft if that is your ultimate game of desire for changing your "base" class, as you prefer to put it.

Typical, keep twisting words, did I ever say I dont like this game?

Typical, keep twisting words, did I ever say I dont like this game?

Okidoki

I also said that if they dont allow AC changes it wont affect how I feel about this game.

^ By that, and then the way that you keep complaining about not being able to change your class. What you're asking for is changing the whole system of your class. It's the same if you changed from a Rogue to a Death Knight in World of Warcraft. You need to get new weapons, armor and even stats in some circumstances. The same goes for Star Wars: The Old Republic. You change from one to another, congratulations, you need all new armor.

And then what? People just complains "EHMERGARD! GIVE ME FREE STUFF BECAUSE I CAN'T USE MY OLD GEAR DUE TO MY CLASS CHANGE!!" and there we go again, more complains.:jawa_mad:

Edited by ShadowHvo

Okidoki

^ By that, and then the way that you keep complaining about not being able to change your class. What you're asking for is changing the whole system of your class. It's the same if you changed from a Rogue to a Death Knight in World of Warcraft. You need to get new weapons, armor and even stats in some circumstances. The same goes for Star Wars: The Old Republic. You change from one to another, congratulations, you need all new armor.

And then what? People just complains "EHMERGARD! GIVE ME FREE STUFF BECAUSE I CAN'T USE MY OLD GEAR DUE TO MY CLASS CHANGE!!" and there we go again, more complains.:jawa_mad:

"whole system of your class" come back when you know what an AC is. New armor? that is your defense? So I guess if I change my vanguard to tank from dps, and get new gear, its a class change?

"whole system of your class" come back when you know what an AC is. New armor? that is your defense? So I guess if I change my vanguard to tank from dps, and get new gear, its a class change?

Trooper/Hunter : Weapons

Warrior/Knight : Armor & Weapons

Smuggler/Agent : Weapons

Inquisitor/Consular : Weapons

I do know what your "AC" is. It's your ADVANCED CLASS which you chose at level 10. To ADVANCE your class further then just being another ordinary cannon fodder guy.

In case you didn't notice it. Check out the word ADVANCED class.

Trooper/Hunter : Weapons

Warrior/Knight : Armor & Weapons

Smuggler/Agent : Weapons

Inquisitor/Consular : Weapons

I do know what your "AC" is. It's your ADVANCED CLASS which you chose at level 10. To ADVANCE your class further then just being another ordinary cannon fodder guy.

In case you didn't notice it. Check out the word ADVANCED class.

Ok so you do know what an AC is then, so this discussion is about AC changes if you havent noticed, before you were calling it a class change.

Ok so you do know what an AC is then, so this discussion is about AC changes if you havent noticed, before you were calling it a class change.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

You saw it yourself when you chose your class, that your choice were permanent. Be a man and stick to your choice, or go reroll. Yet, instead you chose to complain simply because you regret the choice you did in the past. Bioware have much much much more important stuff to have done then sparing you the time to reroll your oh so dear character all over again. Hell? I even regret some of the choices I did in my storyline! EHMERGARD! GIVE ME A STORY RESET OPTION ASAP!

Wait a second, no. I'll stick with my choice, since I can't be arsed to reroll.

I should be able to switch AC's at will, just like I do when resetting my skill points. They are my characters. I pay for them. I can do whatever I want with them. It's nobody else's business what class or what AC or what spec they are or how often they change. IMEANREALLY

I want to address this because I think a few people feel this way. If this were a single player game I would say your right. But it is not.

SWTOR is an MMO, a community involving multiple systems that all players take part in and are affected by regardless of how involved or not with other players they try to be. When you make major changes to how characters can be developed you are also by default changing how those characters affect the systems which affect everyone else.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

You saw it yourself when you chose your class, that your choice were permanent. Be a man and stick to your choice, or go reroll. Yet, instead you chose to complain simply because you regret the choice you did in the past. Bioware have much much much more important stuff to have done then sparing you the time to reroll your oh so dear character all over again. Hell? I even regret some of the choices I did in my storyline! EHMERGARD! GIVE ME A STORY RESET OPTION ASAP!

Wait a second, no. I'll stick with my choice, since I can't be arsed to reroll.

How is changing your AC any different then wow changes specs?

You can be a trooper without vanguard and commando, but you cant be a vanguard or commando without the trooper.

You can be a paladin without holy protection and retribution, but you cant be a holy, prot, or ret paladin without the paladin.

I suppose that, since I leveled as a holy paladin, no knowledge of how to play retribution, that I should make a new paladin and choose retribution right away and level as that right? NO.

Edited by PeterTLJr

I want to address this because I think a few people feel this way. If this were a single player game I would say your right. But it is not.

SWTOR is an MMO, a community involving multiple systems that all players take part in and are affected by regardless of how involved or not with other players they try to be. When you make major changes to how characters can be developed you are also by default changing how those characters affect the systems which affect everyone else.

AC switches do not affect anyone but the person switching.

How is changing your AC any different then wow changes specs?

You can be a trooper without vanguard and commando, but you cant be a vanguard or commando without the trooper.

You can be a paladin without holy protection and retribution, but you cant be a holy, prot, or ret paladin without the paladin.

I suppose that, since I leveled as a holy paladin, no knowledge of how to play retribution, that I should make a new paladin and choose retribution right away and level as that right? NO.

No, what it is: How is changing your AC any different THEN WOW CLASS CHANGE!

I can change my specs in SW:TOR, so can you in WoW. I can't change my Class in WoW, neither can I change my Advanced class in SW:TOR.

In WoW my Class have 3 specs. In SW:TOR my advanced class have 3 specs.

The only difference is that in SW:TOR you first get your real class in level 10. Due to the story and budget of the project.

Allowing a AC change for me is literally the same as Priest in WoW and the next day having a Rogue and the next having a Warrior... seems kinda stupid.
This statement seems kinda stupid. With the current system in SWTOR, you can already have a Priest one day and have a Rogue the next. Each AC, with few exceptions, has access to two of the three trinity roles. Allowing a AC change would be no different than the currently allowed talent respecs, except offering up the missing 1 trinity role.

As an example...

Trooper / Bounty Hunter: AC 1 - Tank or Dps ... AC 2 - Heal or DPS

With the current system, I can have a DPS one minute and switch at will to Heal by respeccing.

With AC change, I can have DPS one minute and switch to either Heal or Tank by changing ac and respeccing.

I said a lot earlier in this thread that it doesn't matter one way or another if they do or don't implement AC changes... every argument for or against is wobbly at best and ultimately boils down to the personal opinion of the arguer. But you can't run around using silly logic that doesn't make sense, like you did.

No, what it is: How is changing your AC any different THEN WOW CLASS CHANGE!

I can change my specs in SW:TOR, so can you in WoW. I can't change my Class in WoW, neither can I change my Advanced class in SW:TOR.

In WoW my Class have 3 specs. In SW:TOR my advanced class have 3 specs.

The only difference is that in SW:TOR you first get your real class in level 10. Due to the story and budget of the project.

When you pick vanguard or commando, you gain unique abilities that the other one cant, when you pick retribution you gain unique abilities that prot and holy cant get same with picking holy or prot, they both gain unique abilities the others cant. Explain the difference?