The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Keymapping issue.

Spritney

Hi there.

When I bought this game at launch a year or two back I discovered a rather annoying keymapping+chatbox bug, and when I recently decided to pick up the game again, I found the bug to still exist in the game. Granted it is a rare bug, but I believe one that is easily fixed.

As I am left-handed I use the arrow keys to move and all the surrounding keys for all hotbar abilities etc., and I was happy to learn that this game offers a lot of customization options with regards to key-mapping. I use Page-up quite a bit and while I can rebind the default setting of "scroll up chat" to a different key (currently it is F8, as it is a key I will never use or accidentally press), when I use ctrl as a modifier (ctrl+pgup) the chat-text will inadvertently scroll up. Needless to say this is more than annoying as it means I often miss messages in the heat of combat.

I have done some testing, rebound the keys for "Chat Page Up" etc. and I have resolved to have to dedicate a key to the command "Chat Bottom", it works somewhat but having one more button to press among the 30+ buttons I need to control my character is not really what I want.

Is it intended that ctrl+pgup always scrolls up text, regardless of keymapping, or simply an oversight?

Similarly, shift does not seem to work that well as a modifier key - for instance shift+delete/shift+keypad7 - but I have not bothered looking into it as, for some reason, it is not an option to use as a modifier-key in most games. (Interestingly, it works quite well in that other game with the million-plus subscriber-base so I am sure it is possible ;))

Even though it does give me quite a lot of buttons to keep track off, this game is still fun and entertaining. Please allow me to customize which buttons and where I want them.

Sincerely, Spritney.