Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Who would you take in a RWZ team for Range Burst?

Shioji

Commando / Merc?

Sage / Sorc?

So just curious forum pvpers whats your opinion on the better burst range dps out of the sage or commando and who which of the two classes would u take in a rwz team over the other and why

Edited by Shioji

It really depends on how strong your team is in the support/utilities sense.

I would take in sorc/sages if the team looks like it could benefit from utilities to go along with ranged firepower. Sorcs/sages can bring on the table (1) constant ranged-interrupt/power lock, (2) aggressive AoE KB, (3) additional protection (4) sub-heal support (....yes, in times of dire peril, heals from even DPS sorcs/sages can still save a few lives until your team gets their play together).. (5) emergency pull-out.. etc etc..

However, if your already has enough utilities, in that case gunslingers and snipers. Don't need anything else, just pure, goddarned firepower strikes the best.

It really depends on how strong your team is in the support/utilities sense.

I would take in sorc/sages if the team looks like it could benefit from utilities to go along with ranged firepower. Sorcs/sages can bring on the table (1) constant ranged-interrupt/power lock, (2) aggressive AoE KB, (3) additional protection (4) sub-heal support (....yes, in times of dire peril, heals from even DPS sorcs/sages can still save a few lives until your team gets their play together).. (5) emergency pull-out.. etc etc..

However, if your already has enough utilities, in that case gunslingers and snipers. Don't need anything else, just pure, goddarned firepower strikes the best.

I'm sorry. But sniper brings much more to the table than a Sorcerer/Sage.

• Sniper has a 360 Degree AOE root on knockback
  • Sniper has a flashbang which is a much more effective form of CC than anything the sorcerer has
  • Snipers leg (root) shot can be practically spammed
  • Sniper has interrupt/leap/CC immunity when using entrench
  • Sniper plasma probe can be used to prevent caps even after death

Edited by Yeochins

I'm sorry. But sniper brings much more to the table than a Sorcerer/Sage.

• Sniper has a 360 Degree AOE root on knockback
  • Sniper has a flashbang which is a much more effective form of CC than anything the sorcerer has
  • Snipers leg (root) shot can be practically spammed
  • Sniper has interrupt/leap/CC immunity when using entrench
  • Sniper plasma probe can be used to prevent caps even after death

I'm pretty sure plasma probe disappears when you die. Not sure if it's been changed to that recently, though I'm positive it was doing that on my Sniper.

ahh yeah guys i only asked about a commando vs Sage i already know all about snipers and how they are great etc but im interested in what people think about sage vs commando do in a ranked scene these days

my guilds team would look something like this

guardian tank

shadow node guard

scoundrel healer

sage heals or another scoundrel healer

smash sent

smash guardian or sent (changes spec depending on warzone map)

gunslinger

sage or mando burst dps spec

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.