The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What happened ?

Arrma

I stayed a long time away from the game, my main character is the Powertech, so when I decided to come back I had a quick look at the forums and noticed lots of threads of cry babies about some nerfs.So I wanted to get **** clear:

How bad is it ?

Is the Pyrotech still awesome ?

Is there a tree that's better than the others ?

How is the PT's situation in comparison with the Merc ?

Thank you!

If you're a tank, you're fine. DPS PTs are a liability in rateds, plain and simple. Burst is king, and neither AP or Pyro have any burst whatsoever anymore. Play what you want in regs, since anything can be good there.

Arsenal Merc DPS is way better than DPS PTs at the moment. Although I'm not really sold on them in rateds, either.

I stayed a long time away from the game, my main character is the Powertech, so when I decided to come back I had a quick look at the forums and noticed lots of threads of cry babies about some nerfs.So I wanted to get **** clear:

How bad is it ?

Is the Pyrotech still awesome ?

Is there a tree that's better than the others ?

How is the PT's situation in comparison with the Merc ?

Thank you!

the OP faceroll spec got fixed... so now the baddies who thought they were good players cause they played something OP and broken no longer have their crutch... so now the class sucks because they cannot win without trying.

Pyrotech players now needs to use 10 times more buttons to be competitive. With the right setup Pyrotech can out perform the best Advanced Prototype setup, but not by a large margin and AP is more durable. In regular WZ if you know what you are doing then you should be fine. Just don't bring gear better than campaign armor if you don't have partisan or conqueror gear or your expertise will not be over 2000. Edited by Grobiou