Bioware is happy with the new Balance. Aren't we all?

Majspuffen

Aaaand...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643271

Nothing. No changes.

I'm giving up now. I'm beat. Bioware is content with this *********** joke of a spec. There wasn't a single *********** complaint about the spec prior to 2.0, yet look around now. What does their community say about this spec? Do they say that is is a good spec that is fun to play, like they used to, or do they say that the spec is ruined and boring? We haven't even heard a word from them since those worthless class blogs where they called instant Force Lift an "escape tool". Is Bioware truly listening? Or is it just PR speech to seem semi-competent?

Not to mention that they totally screwed up their dye system, going for another *********** cartel market cash grab. The hyped 2.2 will only re-use old content and bring recoloured armor sets and PvP won't see any love until 2.4 which will be released in ~October... except for the minor change of having your CC breaker reset upon death, BECAUSE DYING SHOULD BE A *********** INCENTIVE. No, my patience has run out. Bioware have the worst developers I've ever seen. Constantly throwing out empty promises and always going back on their own words.

These people have no business making games.

Edited by Majspuffen

Bioware have the worst developers I've ever seen. Constantly throwing out empty promises and always going back on their own words.

These people have no business making games.

You are a young padawan if you say this.

Those developers look like giants compared to some who coded other MMOs.

All I wanted to do in this game was play Gunnery Commando. They day I got in my first Beta, It had me hooked and I loved it. They nerfed the crap out of it in 1.2, and made it unplayable in PvP until 2.0. So I tried other specs, other classes, other A/Cs and still enjoyed the game. The reason Im on the Shadow forums is because I really got to love being a hybrid shadow tank (KC/Balance). But now, they made that nearly impossible too, so I changed my spec again and Im having fun running full infil or full KC.

Calm down, it's OK, this has happened to all of us before, and we dealt with it like adults.

All I wanted to do in this game was play Gunnery Commando. They day I got in my first Beta, It had me hooked and I loved it. They nerfed the crap out of it in 1.2, and made it unplayable in PvP until 2.0. So I tried other specs, other classes, other A/Cs and still enjoyed the game. The reason Im on the Shadow forums is because I really got to love being a hybrid shadow tank (KC/Balance). But now, they made that nearly impossible too, so I changed my spec again and Im having fun running full infil or full KC.

Calm down, it's OK, this has happened to all of us before, and we dealt with it like adults.

I can live with nerfs. They fundamentally changed the gameplay of this once-fantastic spec and made it bland, boring and stupid. I'm not the only one who opposed these changes, when we first heard of them on the PTS. In fact, there were several threads about the issue, and bioware didn't listen at all. Check the forums these days, what is the general opinion of the Balance/Madness spec?

Just because Bioware has done faults in the past, it does not mean it is suddenly okay for them to make more. Whatever they did to Commandos in 1.2, I doubt they fundamentally changed the gameplay of the class.

I for one am not.

I can understand why you would want to eliminate hybrid builds, but the reason given by the devs for the changes being made to the Shadow trees, in this instance affecting the predominantly Infil/Balance build, was that the Balance tree was hard to play. In reality it really was'nt, you had to pay about the same attention to it as you do full Infil post 2.0 with the Breaching Shadows stacks.

As a Shadow I will never run a Balance build, hopefully the metrics that Bioware use will note the drop in players building in Balance and at some future time the tree might receive some rebalancing (no pun intended) I know alot of other Shadows on my server that refuse to use it.

It really is a shame all the feedback on the PTS forum was ignored or deemed as unworthy of attention, because as soon as the changes went up on the PTS, players noted how poor the DPS was and how unpopular the tree would become.

I love SWTOR, Bioware are doing a great job - I just found this change impossible to understand.

Edited by Farstrider