The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan's Lightsaver -- and visual-effect!

Terin

Let's face it; the Armor of Darth Revan has proven to be extremely popular, and I think it's only a matter of time before we see the Boots and Bracers added. Furthermore, adding his Lightsaber would be a no-brainer for a Cartel-Pack reward. But let's be honest; even if the hilt looks like Revan's Lightsaber, that alone isn't terribly exciting. It needs some kind of visual-element to make it really stand out.

I would like to suggest going with something super eye-catching for his lightsaber -- giving the entire blade a "smokey" effect. No, I'm not talking about having some "cloudy glow around the blade". Instead, give it a smooth trail of smoke that rises from the blade. In fact, maybe even sort of a "Solar Flare" sort of look. Picture something like this, rising up from your Lightsaber's blade:

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/162169main_Trace_solar_flare_lg.jpg

http://blogs.agu.org/geospace/files/2010/08/solar-flare.jpg

It's something that not only looks cool, but could work in any context. With a Red or Orange lightsaber, it would appear infinitely destructive. With Blue or Green, serene, or Purple, mysterious. It's something that could convey power, without having to seem completely stupidly over-the-top.

Just my personal suggestion, of course, but it's something I could see being a huge hit. Also, I've *heard* that Revan's current lightsaber-hilt may or may not actually be available elsewhere in the game. I've never seen one like it, but if it *is*, I would probably suggest changing it to use something completely unique to Revan and his named lightsaber.

Also, just think how incredibly awesome it would be to finally have a complete set of armor *and* weapon to showcase the new appearance for Revan's Armor in 2.2! :D

Considering the fact they keep adding bugs to anything with Revan's name on it, I'd hope they would ease off him for now.

Chest- Light Grey and Double Hood

Legs- (after 4-5 months of the pack released finally got fixed graphically)

Cowl-(relic) and all other relic summon items were removed for their buggy mechanics. (which would also confirm he would be dead, because you summon his force apparition)

Holo-Statue with his old broken lower legs, Revanite Master's version of Revan's gloves.

However, I don't think its a bad idea. A lightsaber with a energy flow like a star effect, but pulsating like the Tython's would be a nice sight to see.

It is dissapointing through, however, we can never get Bastila Shan's, Jolee Bindo's, Fall of Atris, or Darth Sion's Lightsabers anymore because they were in the Columi/Rakata vendor.

Considering the fact they keep adding bugs to anything with Revan's name on it, I'd hope they would ease off him for now.

Chest- Light Grey and Double Hood

Legs- (after 4-5 months of the pack released finally got fixed graphically)

Cowl-(relic) and all other relic summon items were removed for their buggy mechanics. (which would also confirm he would be dead, because you summon his force apparition)

Holo-Statue with his old broken lower legs, Revanite Master's version of Revan's gloves.

However, I don't think its a bad idea. A lightsaber with a energy flow like a star effect, but pulsating like the Tython's would be a nice sight to see.

It is dissapointing through, however, we can never get Bastila Shan's, Jolee Bindo's, Fall of Atris, or Darth Sion's Lightsabers anymore because they were in the Columi/Rakata vendor.

Yeah, that's definitely hugely disappointing. Hopefully they'll bring back a way to obtain them again in the future -- and maybe even make them usable by both factions? I have a Sith Assassin who I've been playing almost entirely Light-side, and being a Revanite, I'd like to think he would be happier wielding Bastila Shan's weapon :p

The biggest thing, for me, is I'd like to see those weapons with unique hilts. Even if they don't have some amazing particle-effects attached or anything, it's just nice knowing that those things are more unique than just mouse-over text.

Those should have been considered lore objects anyway

I like this idea, but would hope that it comes in all saber forms (one hand and two hand), and make it a super rare and expensive item. I don't want hundreds of people running around with leaking sabers.

Well, if it's a Revan item, it would definitely be rare and expensive. Good point, though; there should absolutely be a Double-blades Lightsaber with such a graphic. Perhaps they could bring back Bastila Shan's Lightsaber with this style blade, and allow those with the existing version to also use the new graphic?

Edited by Terin

• 2 weeks later...
Also, just as a point of reference; for those who have Jedi Knights and/or Sith Warriors, look at some of the basic offensive abilities; those icons are a great example of what I'm talking about. They have sort of a flowing, solar flare-like appearance coming off of the blade; that would look awesome!