The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvE Hybrid Stat Weighting

Corsiero

Should I be going all Power/Surge or do I need Accuracy like an Arsenal Mercenary at 110%? Any Crit at all? Most of the abilities look to be tech based. This is for operations.

yes you need 110% accruacy, but do not gy the hybrid... it is less effective DPS in raids then full AP as well as you are a far greater burden to your raid with the lack of passive defenses...

NEVER go by dummy DPS for a good spec... dummy DPS is dummy DPS, its called a dummy because dummies think it means its the same as raid DPS. Full AP will give higher numbers in a real encounter. If you look at ALL the powertechs crying about DPS its because they are trying a hybrid (which does not work anymore) or pyro which was their crutch that was fixed in 2.0.

dummy DPS is dummy DPS, its called a dummy because dummies think it means its the same as raid DPS. Full AP will give higher numbers in a real encounter.

People think that FULL AP is better than HYBRID when considering DPS on boss? Wrong. You lose 2 dots that are on the target 100% of the time (if you know how), and Railshot with PPA every 6 seconds that is better than immolate (and 30m range as opposed to 15m). You get abysmall damage reduction with Stabilized armor (only half of the OPS attacks are AOE), and energy rebounder doesn't charge that much over standard Energy shield unless you are doing it wrong and taking damage.

And i got a HINT: The damage of the hybrid is still better, unless you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Nezyrworks

Should I be going all Power/Surge or do I need Accuracy like an Arsenal Mercenary at 110%? Any Crit at all? Most of the abilities look to be tech based. This is for operations.

110 Accuracy for HIB, and all power/surge with no crit (crit rating items reduce your effectiveness if you do not use Firebug talent - and with 8/22/16 you shouldn't :p).

Power is by itself still the best source of damage, and since CR got overall nerf you will only lose dps by getting crit on any piece of gear.