The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Name Change CC pricing...

I am honestly surprised that the desire for name changes was actually answered... and not even announced it was coming (that I can recall). But I was certainly excited to see it on the list for 2.1

Sadly I knew better. And that excitement was killed instantly when I saw how much Cartel Coins it would cost to do name changes.

1000 for a Character Name ($10 or 2+ months sub reward)

3000 for Guild Name ($30 or 6+ months sub reward)

1000 for Legacy Name ($10 or 2+ months sub reward)

Really? I'm not trying to bash anyone here but who was the brilliant one that decided these were in any way fair? Or did said individual not consider the actual $ amount?

The price is way too steep and I am pretty sure I can go check at least 2 other MMOs with such items in their shops that are not even half the cost.

You guys are getting more than enough from all the other goodies in the Cartel Market, even those that subscribe will still dish out the dough to get CC faster for things they can't wait the month or so to receive the subscriber benefits for. So why on earth set the price of something as simple as a character name change so high?

My suggestion is the price should be cut down considerably. Yall make the final call on how much it would be but consider that the less it is, the more likely someone will spend the cash to get it. Especially those like myself who are out to get more than one name change done.

In my opinion, the price should be doubled with each use (counting per Account, not per char).... starting with the current price as is.

Name changes should be something you really think about for a week, not out of a fancy, cause you saw a funny commercial on TV just now.

Edited by JPryde

Well glad the double the price opinions aren't being shared by the devs then cause that would be ridiculous. I'm not talking changing the same characters name more than once. I'm talking changing the names of MULTIPLE characters. And I have been waiting to do so for half a year at the very least, so no this isn't some "Oh i found something funny on TV" BS

And if there was claim to a free one for Subs, I'm still waiting to see it. Only time they ever "offered" a free name change was when they forced people to transfer servers and deal with losing their names to someone else and not being given much time to think about a new one if they plan to get back to playing their character asap.

Guild name changes is another story. That really shouldn't need to be done multiple times. And if someone has multiple guilds on the same account then clearly they are doing something wrong.