To keep playing after the 22th. I have to enter game time code or CC?

DragonAgeOrgins

I am one of those who ordered at the last month. Why? because I don't have a credit card. When I get paid monthly I use a pre paid card because they take 5 dollar's out each month. I had paid for my DDE close to 90 dollar's and it even said I get "Free Game time" starting on the 20th.

Then I come to discover in the "updates" after the 22 if I want to coutinue to play. I have to enter a CC. I don't get paid untill the week after next. Of course I plan on to keep playing but I can't enter what I don't have untill I'm paid. So I spent 90 dollar's on the game only to be cut off around the holiday's no less..

If I don't enter a CC or game card...you would attract more bee's with honey. Let people use their free game time then enter payment when it's due. Cutting off people prematurely may engage your fan base who were going to pay for next month but don't have cash untill they are paid.

Anything wrong with this?

I was effected by this also. SO overcharged Ccard with holiday stuff. You can use paypal to get around the Ccard issue if you have that.

I do agree that EA needs to drop this subscribe now in order to play your free time included with purchase. It smacks of 'get people to subscribe now and maybe they forget to cancel if they choose to ' type of thinking. I'm sure that wasn't the intent but it is the first time I have encountered an MMO asking me to subscribe up front.

Yeah I did not like this either. We all ready bought the game and payed for 30 days game time with that purchase, now we have to pay even more to play the game we all ready payed for. So in reality this game costs $75 at a minimum.

And, yes they are hoping we will just forget about the recurring charge on our credit cards. And, yes there are other MMOs that do this as well, but just because it is a wide spread practice dose have any thing to do with its correctness.For some reason these days people think there is a correlation between the number of people taking a certain action, and that actions correctness or morality.

Edited by Trigaa