Does Combat Need Alacrity?

KnightGreg

This is a very basic, simple Thread. Does Combat need Alacrity? Since we stack so little Accuracy due to our Form and Steadfast, I was wondering whether or not I should stack some Alacrity with my Enhancements due to the extra points and my Surge gets in excess of 70%.

This is a very basic, simple Thread. Does Combat need Alacrity? Since we stack so little Accuracy due to our Form and Steadfast, I was wondering whether or not I should stack some Alacrity with my Enhancements due to the extra points and my Surge gets in excess of 70%.

No. /thread

Ok. The reason I ask is because my APM seems to have plateaued at about 43 and some of the best Combat parses I've seen are 47-48 APM. I've tried keeping the BR buff on as much as possible at that did very, very little. Does anyone have an advice on increasing APM? I also currently do not have the 4-piece set bonus.

Need - no. But from my experience, less than 200 alacrity doesn't hurt either. You can easily get the good alacrity enhancements via verpine legs.

I'm parsing @ 2700 and most of the increase in DPS is via the Zen buff.

http://www.torparse.com/a/236087/2/0/Damage+Dealt

You can try parsing on your ship where lag is smaller or setting your ability delay in options to 1sec and hammering your action key so you dont lose precious time. Also keybind. That helped a lot for me.

You can try parsing on your ship where lag is smaller or setting your ability delay in options to 1sec and hammering your action key so you dont lose precious time. Also keybind. That helped a lot for me.

I use a Razer Naga mouse so I'm good on keybinding. Also, I experience little to no lag. Furthermore I did a parse on a buddy of mine's ship earlier and still had ~42 APM. So, my low APM is all me. After looking at several parses my conclusion is focus management and prioritizing abilities. I added Leap to my rotation to help build Focus which actually worked quite well. For my prioritization of abilities I basically use BS, MS, PS, and Dispatch when they're off CD and Zen when I have full Centering which did help, but I'm wondering how I can increase my APM more.

Do not put a single point of alacrity into your equipment. For enhancement you need the Surge/Power ones. You get 45-48 APM just by using Zen whenever it is available and also using VC->Zen. Don't wait for your high hitters to come up to pair them with Zen. If you have Zen available and PS is on CD, just use Zen with Strike to build focus. (I'm averaging 46APM.)

I already hit Zen quite a bit. I try to use VC to get Zens up faster but I'll admit I'm not most efficient at it so should I start working on getting better at using VC? Edited by KnightGreg

I already hit Zen quite a bit. I try to use VC to get Zens up faster but I'll admit I'm not most efficient at it so should I start working on getting better at using VC?

Yes. Key to be successful as a combat sentinel you need to carefully watch your cooldowns and procs and also hitting skills right is important. You can stack skills, like hitting Precision Slash and Master

Strike at the same time to avoid global cooldown and immediately when the damage of the last hit of Master Strike comes up pushing Blade Storm.