The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dye combo suggestion

Not directly related to OP, but its a complaint/suggestion about dyes.

Not to be a dick...but I am being a dick...what the fak is up with some of these dye combos? Deep pink and deep purple?!?! lolwut...?

OK, on to the more constructive criticism. I think we should have two slots (primary and secondary) instead of one, where the player can actually be somewhat creative with the dye combinations. Maybe that 'deep pink' wouldn't be so bad on say a female bounty hunter's armor if the player could put it with white, or maybe a light grey...but the player could choose which would be primary or secondary instead of hoping to find an already existing primary/secondary combo that they like.

For example, if they have a deep blue and a light grey, they could decide which would go primary and which would go secondary, whichever slot was left blank would just be the original armor's color...and the GTN wouldn't be flooded with all the random stupid color combos that no one wants because they make the gear look retarded (deep green and dark blue? deep orange and deep red?!? :eek: ). I have to be honest, I have not found ANY dyes that look good on my lvl 55 sentinel's chest piece (except maybe black and black with is extremely rare and since it is selling on the GTN for 1.5mil+ I prolly wouldn't keep it anyway). Alternately, many of the single dyes and combos look great on my Commando's gear, regardless of what I choose, just by the nature of the type of gear they wear (armor plate carries the colors a lot better than cloth). Either way, however, being able to make your own combinations would be so much better and look less like a jab straight to the players' pocket books trying to get them to play Russian Roulette in an attempt to get a good color or combo from the Cartel Market.