HK-51 or some one else for 51-55?

Letsjet

HK-51 is fun especially the comments he makes as you go around Makeb. The gear he came with is a bit light for leveling but since you can make armorings, mods and enhancements, you can really buff him up.

I got my marauder to 55 without going to Makeb. I was using him to run dailies to get credits to support my other toons so I got to Makeb at 55. I had done a lot of my initial leveling with Quinn and since I got his achievements maxed, I decided to rotate my companions a bit to get the achievements for them. I am almost done with the Makeb story and I've done all the content with Pierce. Yeah he's not really used much, (kind of like Skadge, you rarely see anyone questing with him) but with the right gear (140ish rating) he's done a great job for me. I just make small changes to my own play (basically how I start a fight) and we're golden. I can usually get through a couple of mobs before having to heal up too, so stuff seems fast.

As long as you have your companion geared well and play to match the strengths of the companion you are golden. Using HK on Makeb does allow you to increase his affection with the right conversation choices, so even if you don't play with him, summoning him for those can be beneficial. Unless you show organics too much mercy.

• 2 weeks later...