Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PVP gear purchase order

Gynen

Hi,

just hit lvl 55 and am looking at equipping my sniper with pvp gear. I have been searching as to what would be the best piece to start with (armor, weapon, implant or relic) but not much luck.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. :)

Start with the conqueror main hand and use the remainder to quickly get the class-appropriate conqueror relic, serendipitous assault unless tank, I suppose (unless dpsing as tank?).

False.

You do want the weapons first because they do provide 191 expertise each, but you don't want to spend 3450 ranked commendations on them when for that price you could get a full set of partisan. It's over 9000 regular comms.

Buy either the Partisan Mainhand and the Partisan offhand first. Get the Serendipitous assault relic's after.

All weapons Bolster in pvp to underworld rating.

Edited by dakisback

I assumed his ranked and wz comm were capped.

even than its more effective to purchase conq/part relics+ 2part-weapons+4 part-armor items (if the setbonis are usefull) and upgrade wrist/waist directly up to conq. and complement your "jewlery" with crafted 54/53(makeb-renown) items [they provide higher stats while only loosing 2 points of expertise each]

Edited by Tankqull

After finally getting the data on Bolster for MH/OH here's what I conclude, in terms of PvE gear.

All rating 152 crafted gear is BiS for offense, even over Conqueror. Your survivality is extremely compromised for using such gear, as crafted 152 gear have extremely low endurance values. Overall you'd usually do worse just because you end up missing 3K HPs and that's got to adversely impact your survival rate, but until you get full Conqueror you might as well start with these pieces because BiS offense gear is pretty good to have while you're working to something that's more balanced.

The crafted 152 OH is possibly BIS because it has the crystal slot built into the budget, which is used for 41 power/endurance/critical even though you obviously can't see it, while the PvP equivalent has a 41 expertise crystal which gets neutralized by Bolster (152 rating gear gets nearly 100% the Expertise for having lower rating than Conqueror), though again you're always taking a massive hit in survivality. The difference in this case is that the offense you gain is more than the HP you lost, but just be aware lowering your survivality to a very low number can have adverse effects.

After factoring set bonus the gear you should strive for would be:

Conqueror/Partisan relic

Rating 152 implant X 2, earring, one piece of set armor, OH.

Partisan everywhere else.

For upgrades, you need to gauge how often you're dying with this extremely offense-oriented setup. If you're doing fine you just upgrade Partisan to their Conqueror counterpart. If dying is a problem, replace the rating 152 items with Conqueror as you get them. OH should be replaced last, if at all.

Note: I assume you picked the best offensive combination of mods on crafted 152, likely Expert's whatever gear. Obviously Anti-Armor whatever gear is nowhere near BiS for offense.

Edited by Astarica

i would get your conquerer implants / ears and you conquerer relic. than spend your reg comms on your 4 piece set.

i got my weapons last because my current were just as good as the partisan and bolster gave me expertiese so iim gettin my partisan weapons last

1. Partisian Weapon
  2. Partisian Offhand
  3. Partisian Head/Chest/Leggings
  4. Partisian Gloves/Belt/Boots/Bracers
  5. Conqueror Implants/Earpiece
  6. Conqueror Relic (Power)
  7. Partisian Relic (Power)
  8. Conqueror Head/Chest/Leggings
  9. Conqueror Gloves/Belt/Boots/Bracers
  10. Conqueror Mainhand/Offhand

The conqueror mainhand/offhand are the last piece you want to get. The barrel/hilt does not improve your bolstered stats because all weapons are bolstered to Underworld (72) rating.

• 2 weeks later...

There is conflicting info, from what I understand crafted Artifact implants/ear only lose you 10 expertise if this is correct buying conq pieces first doesn't seem like the best purchase upon hitting 55.

Just curious what route others have gone if the above is true?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.