The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWG could have benefitted from a Cartel Market rather than the CCG lottery.

TheBBP

I played SWG for 6 years. I loved it. However, the day came when I got fed up with all of the best loots in-game coming through the Collectible Card Game as uber-rare loot. It wore on me. I left and never returned.

I am not saying that the game would be alive today if they did it, but I would bet that they would have been better to put those loots in a cash store and let people buy them then they would have had some more success financially.

I played SWG for 6 years. I loved it. However, the day came when I got fed up with all of the best loots in-game coming through the Collectible Card Game as uber-rare loot. It wore on me. I left and never returned.

I am not saying that the game would be alive today if they did it, but I would bet that they would have been better to put those loots in a cash store and let people buy them then they would have had some more success financially.

Well, SOE does love their collectible card stuff. Just look at Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures. SWG could have used a Cash Shop aside from that, though, I'll agree. Maybe you could suggest it to one of those SWG Emulators they have up?

I tried the card lottery in SWG and I can say was way better than CM here.

the uber rare stuff you could buy from a player that got it repeated, here Cartel Market items from rare-packs almost always sell for more credits than SWG items ever did.

Its a shame EA decided to make CM a Gamble more than a Market.

I tried the card lottery in SWG and I can say was way better than CM here.

the uber rare stuff you could buy from a player that got it repeated, here Cartel Market items from rare-packs almost always sell for more credits than SWG items ever did.

Its a shame EA decided to make CM a Gamble more than a Market.

You are out of your mind. Some of those buildings would go for 50-100million credits. Some of that loot on the cheap end was 10 million credits for the posters that you could put in your house.

Not very many things here goes for more than a million.

You are out of your mind. Some of those buildings would go for 50-100million credits. Some of that loot on the cheap end was 10 million credits for the posters that you could put in your house.

Not very many things here goes for more than a million.

Comparing economies of two separate games.

Genius.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Comparing economies of two separate games.

Genius.

That makes a big difference. Once No trade was removed and I was setting on a few million Chronicle coins I cleaned up. I had 3 Billion credits at one time.