The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Cathar?

Christyana

I have subscribed to this MMO from the Get go. I am PISSED that I cant properly even BUY Cartel Coins. NOW I have to deal with Purchasing CARTEL COINS for cathar....*** did I buy the STUPID EXPANSION for my own hard earned money? The EXPANSION was supposed to INCLUDE the Cathar and now I have to spend more money to get the Cathar at all? SCREW THAT Give me my Cathar that I spent money on in the first place!!!!

I really don't see the point in this either. Charging for this race just... feels like a bad call. They already have enough problems to deal with, yet it feels like they're intentionally kicking their own ***.

Added - I asked around, and I'm being told it was already pre-determined that the race would be a cartel only item. I've also never seen any evidence or claims by staff that the race was to be part of the expansion. You're welcome to post the evidence if you can prove otherwise.

Edited by YuriSensen

I have subscribed to this MMO from the Get go. I am PISSED that I cant properly even BUY Cartel Coins. NOW I have to deal with Purchasing CARTEL COINS for cathar....*** did I buy the STUPID EXPANSION for my own hard earned money? The EXPANSION was supposed to INCLUDE the Cathar and now I have to spend more money to get the Cathar at all? SCREW THAT Give me my Cathar that I spent money on in the first place!!!!

Yeah, I won't get the stupid Cathar that was supposed to be in 2.0 either. It was supposed to be free. Bioware/EA is very stupid if u can really only get Cathar by way of Cartel Coins. Hell no, i'm not gonna pay for that. And money talks, the best thing to do is not bother paying for the Cathar and show Bioware who is really BOSS, which is us, the Customer.

Yeah, I won't get the stupid Cathar that was supposed to be in 2.0 either. It was supposed to be free. Bioware/EA is very stupid if u can really only get Cathar by way of Cartel Coins. Hell no, i'm not gonna pay for that. And money talks, the best thing to do is not bother paying for the Cathar and show Bioware who is really BOSS, which is us, the Customer.

Amen to that my brother

Cather were never advertised as part of Makeb so it isw your own fault buying the expansion because of them.

And unless you blew all the free Cartel coins you get from yor subscribtion on packs (giving you free items for your subscribtion) you ought to have more than enough coins for the cather unlock. At best you have to wait 30-60 days until your next free coins to purchase them.

Annoying Yes, But EA/Bioware never said that Cathar were going to be free, in fact various press statements said it was going to be an Unlock bought though Cartel Coins, and recently for 600CC.

My major problem was that when I unlocked the Cathar the game wouldn't accept names, any names. I had to log off and log back in to use the first name I tried, a name it originally wouldn't accept.