The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Toys bound to LEGACY

So we can use them between our characters the way like before 2.1 but it will prevent us from reselling / borrowing them. It would be sound. It's not cool the way it is now!

It would be ok if it was this way all along, but in this case, they gave and now they took away... and that is BAD business. As much as I love this game, I am now going to keep a closer eye on ESO and others for my wife and I to play. I use to support their profit making, and still do... but the money grabbing schemes has to end. They took it away from you so they can sell it to you now in the CM.

Only the fools will pay it..... and there are many of them.

like I said, if it was this way from the get go, that is one thing... but they took it away and now want money for it to be returned!

Pretty bad IMO....

Edited by Themanthatisi

Taking away established functionality for the sake of making more money from it is always a bad plan.

Toys were freely tradeable between characters after their initial acquisition. This has been removed purely for the sake of making money from it. It doesn't add benefit to the game at all. It does not add to the player experience. All it does is upset players, and line the pockets of EA.

Now, for items that were always BoE/BoP, I have no issues with the system, but these "toys", fluff items, fun items, were not bound. So the ability for a player to enjoy them as they saw fit was taken away and replaced with "you can enjoy them as you see fit, but only if you now pay us money to do so".

it does not matter if you are a sub or F2P, if you use your free CC or you buy CC, that is not the point. The point is, functionality and useability were removed from these items for the SOLE reason of making money off players.

Aye. They used to be fun. Not anymore they aren't. When we had free xp weekends I would level up a character and then send my carbonite chamber to another. Same for skill trainers or the life day orb. We need to make a big rant. They claim that they are listening...

So we can use them between our characters the way like before 2.1 but it will prevent us from reselling / borrowing them. It would be sound. It's not cool the way it is now!

Agreed. This change is total bull&*#$.

At the very least, I would love to hear why they did this, from a real employee.... justify it so we all go, ok, that makes lots of sense. My fear is, they will, then claim it was a bug all along just to shut us up. Edited by Themanthatisi