The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Collections Unlock Idea

So I've been looking over the Collections tab in my inventory, and I have to admit that I'm both excited and disappointed by this new feature.

Basically, I'm excited because I see the potential for a great tool to help me customize my characters. Unfortunately, it costs far too much to properly utilize it. With hundreds of individual items (so far) to unlock, I'm guessing that it would cost hundreds of dollars to unlock all of my cool items that I already own. Because of its real money cost, I will probably use the Collections feature sparingly at most.

Obviously, Bioware wants to make money. I'd love to give them my money for a good feature, but the Collections feature just isn't worth it right now.

Therefore, I'd like to propose that Bioware implement a legacy unlock for Collections items for around 5,000 to 10,000 cartel coins. You could also make a character perk unlock that costs 1,000 to 3,000 cartel coins. Those are the prices I'd deem fair for this feature.

The legacy unlock / character perk would unlock all Collections items that you already possess for your entire legacy or a specific character. I'm guessing that many players would use it that way instead of paying $2 to $3 here and there. As it currently stands, I feel like I have to pay for cartel items twice - once to pick them up the first time, and once more to unlock them in the Collections tab.