The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bound Toys

I just read in the patch notes for 2.1 that they are binding toys on use. One of the cool things about toys was that you could trade them between you alts. Swtor is a very alt based game since the content came out slow and there are different story for every class. I myself and many of the players I play with have multiple alts and trading toys between them has been a big plus in the game. Between dealing with all the bugs and things that are broken with every patch at least this game had a few great thing like legacy gear and being able to trade toys between you're alts. For example like the Revan Holo statue was great because as I earned basic coms I was able to buy basic gear for my class while i was questing. I had always planed on mailing it to my next 50 I was going to lvl so he could do the same thing or with the koltotank being able to send it to a alt if I later decided to make that my main. As a player of swtor I am against the binding of toys because I think it is wrong to not share you're toys.

I just read in the patch notes for 2.1 that they are binding toys on use. One of the cool things about toys was that you could trade them between you alts. Swtor is a very alt based game since the content came out slow and there are different story for every class. I myself and many of the players I play with have multiple alts and trading toys between them has been a big plus in the game. Between dealing with all the bugs and things that are broken with every patch at least this game had a few great thing like legacy gear and being able to trade toys between you're alts. For example like the Revan Holo statue was great because as I earned basic coms I was able to buy basic gear for my class while i was questing. I had always planed on mailing it to my next 50 I was going to lvl so he could do the same thing or with the koltotank being able to send it to a alt if I later decided to make that my main. As a player of swtor I am against the binding of toys because I think it is wrong to not share you're toys.

I agree, put this in General though, this is important and we want many to see it.... just create a new one there.

Im getting frustrated with this game at this point, don't take away what was already given, and that is what they did....

Edited by Themanthatisi

the idea is - that once you bind it, you also add it to your collections interface and then from that interface you can unlock it for all your characters on account.

the reality is - the collections interface seems to be currently borked where it doesn't read half the items you have, IN your inventory, even after you use them - keeping them grayed out.

It's too expensive to unlock them through collections interface. It was cool when you could send them over.

how much is it?

(honestly, I think most of the prices we got with this patch are ridiculous :/ others, naturally disagree)