What would happen if...

OKandrew

All the employees working on this game in some facet or another all just decided to strike/quit because of our feedback from this patch.

They just said "fine, we are tired of trying, we obviously can't win/please these people..."

I think it would be pretty funny.

Oh noes our customers don't like what our managers made us implement so let's give up our paychecks and then figure out how to pay the mortgage and car payment and save up for Suzie's college.

Yeah, brilliant.

Oh noes our customers don't like what our managers made us implement so let's give up our paychecks and then figure out how to pay the mortgage and car payment and save up for Suzie's college.

Yeah, brilliant.

I mean, if they are really being manipulated to create Cartel Market, The Old Piggybank by EA, they could Strike. They might have a Union to help them out. Would be interesting.

Not really a realistic concept, but I feel where you're coming from. Every time a patch drops, I read what people are complaining about (and the shear volume of it), and just want to give each and every Bioware employee a hug.

Except for the guy responsible for the lock icon.

All the employees working on this game in some facet or another all just decided to strike/quit because of our feedback from this patch.

They just said "fine, we are tired of trying, we obviously can't win/please these people..."

I think it would be pretty funny.

Didn't like half of them quit like a year ago? Including the founders of BioWare?

I mean, if they are really being manipulated to create Cartel Market, The Old Piggybank by EA, they could Strike. They might have a Union to help them out. Would be interesting.

Why do they care? They're getting paid their salary to implement the features their managers tell them to. They're not being treated unfairly. They don't have poor working conditions.

If your answer to your boss telling you to do something you mildly disagree with is to stop working, you're going to be broke all your life.

Edited by DarthTHC

Why do they care? They're getting paid their salary to implement the features their managers tell them to. They're not being treated unfairly. They don't have poor working conditions.

If your answer to your boss telling you to do something you mildly disagree with is to stop working, you're going to be broke all your life.

Mildly disagree with? I think that's underselling it quite a bit...

More like... If you end up selling your soul every time your boss tells you to, you'll end up a soulless toolbag...

if you've been around from before launch you'd recognize they don't listen, read or even remotely care about subscribers' impressions and feedback regarding the game. they're whole and entire focus now is charging a cartel coin for everything humanly possible. i think i got charged 5 cartel coins to brush my teeth this morning and 10 more to get out of bed.

way to go BW you're fleecing of the community is almost complete. too bad palpatine didn't charge the rebel alliance cartel coins .. they would've gotten fed up and abandoned the entire rebellion

Mildly disagree with? I think that's underselling it quite a bit...

More like... If you end up selling your soul every time your boss tells you to, you'll end up a soulless toolbag...

How are they selling their souls? They're creating a game that hundreds of thousands of people (now growing every month) play and enjoy.

Are they forcibly evicting homeowners via fraud? That's selling your soul.

Are they genetically modifying foods to the extent that animals refuse to touch it and then feeding it to humans? That, too, is selling your soul.

Manufacturing chemical weapons? Nope, not that either.

Seriously, chill out with the rhetoric. Makes you look silly.

Selling their souls creating a video game... LOL!

Edited by DarthTHC

How are they selling their souls? They're creating a game that hundreds of thousands of people (now growing every month) play and enjoy.

Are they forcibly evicting homeowners via fraud? That's selling your soul.

Are they genetically modifying foods to the extent that animals refuse to touch it and then feeding it to humans? That, too, is selling your soul.

Manufacturing chemical weapons? Nope, not that either.

Seriously, chill out with the rhetoric. Makes you look silly.

Selling their souls creating a video game... LOL!

A soul can be sold... little by little... one piece at a time...

Sure. But never by making a video game. Come on. Really?

Never? Somebody wrote the Gamble Pack code. And somebody decided to monetize med probes. And charge for a haircut. If -I- was the dev that did that I certainly wouldn't be proud about it. I have left a job because my management was making some rather sleazy (but still legal) business and operational decisions.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Never? Somebody wrote the Gamble Pack code. And somebody decided to monetize med probes. And charge for a haircut. If -I- was the dev that did that I certainly wouldn't be proud about it. I have left a job because my management was making some rather sleazy (but still legal) business and operational decisions.

Good for you.

They're not forcing anyone to gamble. They're not forcing anyone to pay anything, actually. You can play the game for free if you like.

Still no soul-selling there.

It's an effing video game. If your panties are wadded up over it, the examination that needs to happen is within YOU, not the developers.

They're not forcing anyone to gamble. They're not forcing anyone to pay anything, actually. You can play the game for free if you like.

It's an effing video game. If your panties are wadded up over it, the examination that needs to happen is within YOU, not the developers.

I made a simple "what if" observation. My panties are far from "wadded up". But if you keep talking to me like this big boy, they might just be sopping wet...

If you perform a task that violates your personal ethics, then yes, you've just sold your soul. I assure you this weighs on a person. You don't see a problem, that's your opinion. In my opinion I consider what they are doing highly unethical and significantly damaging to the long term health of the game.

Am I going to quit playing over this? Of course not. What I won't do is spend the 240CC on the hair I like because of the 80CC charge to change hairstyles. Heck, I'd pay 320CC for the unlock if the customizer took credits instead. But no their greed lost them that sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire gaming industry just dried up and went away. Why would anyone want to be a game developer anymore? You can't make a great game without everyone pirating it for free, and if you do anything to prevent it, people accuse you of being greedy and punishing the "honest folks". No one is ever happy. They just complain that you suck, you should quit or be fired and that they won't buy anything from you again.

In ten years time, if the Gaming industry dies and we have to go back to Real Life, know that it's your own fault, ya unsatisfied jerks. You killed the Escape.

:mad: