The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Abrams and the retelling of a story (spoilers)

Angedechu

Spoilers

I'm going to spoil

Spoliers ahead.

You really want to be spoiled ?

''Into Darkness'' is in essence a very good ''retelling'' of the ''Wrath of Khan'' (1). Simple question : would you like such an approach for Episode VII relative to the EU ?

(1)But why Khan blood can rez the dead ? WHY ? WHY ?

Edited by Angedechu

I'd rather he make something that could exist along side the established EU, but since thats apparently not happening I hope he at least manages to avoid erasing the Thrawn trilogy.

Of course its important to keep in mind Lucas laid out the framework for the next trilogy himself. Abrams will just be working on the details. So when people inevitably lose their **** in the great retconning, blame should be properly aimed.

What Abrams did with Star Trek was a reboot due to the advanced ages of the original actors involved. Some of the actors from the original movies are no longer with us. A reboot paves the ways for many new possibilities.

So far, the main Star Wars actors are still around. Plus there were many books written detailing the exploits of

their characters prior to, and following, the movies they were in.

My thinking is that Disney would be committing economic suicide as a studio to change even the slightest

details of the Star Wars universe. Besides, there is a contract.