The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Starwars Reboot?

kirorx

anakin vs bariss---in the jedi temple

http://youtu.be/catXn4QAclI

This right here seals the deal as to why I absolutely HATE the clone wars. Has anybody ever READ ANY of the books that has Bariss Offee in it?

That right there literally takes a huge and COMPLETE dump on here character story! Biggest bunch of BS I've seen done to a character.

Lets see for starters, by that point Bariss was already a Jedi Knight. She was a HEALER!! She HATED to destroy things even droids! I mean jesus did anybody take the time to read the medstar books?!

No, this series IMO with that right there just went from annoying over to what they did with the whole Pacifist Mando arc, to THIS travesty, complete HATRED of the Clone Wars.

Took one of my FAVORITE jedi and completely crapped all over her story just to have a plot line to make Ashoka shine.

what crap...

This right here seals the deal as to why I absolutely HATE the clone wars. Has anybody ever READ ANY of the books that has Bariss Offee in it?

That right there literally takes a huge and COMPLETE dump on here character story! Biggest bunch of BS I've seen done to a character.

Lets see for starters, by that point Bariss was already a Jedi Knight. She was a HEALER!! She HATED to destroy things even droids! I mean jesus did anybody take the time to read the medstar books?!

No, this series IMO with that right there just went from annoying over to what they did with the whole Pacifist Mando arc, to THIS travesty, complete HATRED of the Clone Wars.

Took one of my FAVORITE jedi and completely crapped all over her story just to have a plot line to make Ashoka shine.

what crap...

Regardless of what you think her story is, Clone Wars is canon. That is too bad you hate the series.

Regardless of what you think her story is, Clone Wars is canon. That is too bad you hate the series.

Ok fine, but if you ever read the books that took place BEFORE the clone wars and ep II, again this goes completely AGAINST what her story is. Hell there is a book that takes place BEFORE EpII where Obi-wan and Anakin, team up with Barris and her master Luminara Unduli.

This is COMPLETELY against what was set in stone BEFORE clone wars came about which is ALSO CANNON.

These retconns, flatly stupid. I'll NEVER consider Clone Wars cannon. EVER. Pisses on the whole damn story from just prior to EpII till after Ep III.

This is COMPLETELY against what was set in stone BEFORE clone wars came about which is ALSO CANNON.

These retconns, flatly stupid. I'll NEVER consider Clone Wars cannon. EVER. Pisses on the whole damn story from just prior to EpII till after Ep III.

I hate to be THAT GUY for you, but regardless of what you think, TCW trumps books from the EU. The new Star Wars verse could very well contain this lore that you hate. You are going to have to learn to deal with it or not partake in it.

Not trying to be a jerk. I do feel for the EU fans. ESPECIALLY the fans of all that is written by Timothy Zahn...

I hate to be THAT GUY for you, but regardless of what you think, TCW trumps books from the EU. The new Star Wars verse could very well contain this lore that you hate. You are going to have to learn to deal with it or not partake in it.

Not trying to be a jerk. I do feel for the EU fans. ESPECIALLY the fans of all that is written by Timothy Zahn...

And that is what sadden's me the most, if they do just take a gigantic dump on so many books I love of the EU universe, that would make me weep.

I mean hell having just gone to wookiepedia and reading that first paragraph, totally asinine and makes ZERO sense. Why I hate major retcons.

I mean first they retconn the fact that Bariss was a very caring, kind person, who followed Soresu style of fighting and was a HEALER? Would a healer frame ashoka like that?

Also another major retconn I don't like. Bariss was ANAKIN'S AGE. Suddenly they retconn it so she's half his age and the age of ashoka?

Yeah...there's retconning, and then there's what the Clone Wars did. I mean what they did with Asajjj Ventress, that was perfectly fine. Did they change her backstory, sure, but it made sense and it worked.

What they did to Bariss...completely 180 and completely out of character for her. Just total garbage.

And that is what sadden's me the most, if they do just take a gigantic dump on so many books I love of the EU universe, that would make me weep.

I mean hell having just gone to wookiepedia and reading that first paragraph, totally asinine and makes ZERO sense. Why I hate major retcons.

I mean first they retconn the fact that Bariss was a very caring, kind person, who followed Soresu style of fighting and was a HEALER? Would a healer frame ashoka like that?

Also another major retconn I don't like. Bariss was ANAKIN'S AGE. Suddenly they retconn it so she's half his age and the age of ashoka?

Yeah...there's retconning, and then there's what the Clone Wars did. I mean what they did with Asajjj Ventress, that was perfectly fine. Did they change her backstory, sure, but it made sense and it worked.

What they did to Bariss...completely 180 and completely out of character for her. Just total garbage.

Retcon in starwars should not bother you, as a fan you should expect this

I mean seriously, who shot first Han or Greedo?

Books about starwars have had to deal with these changes for years already, max reebo's band was very different before they had "Jedi rock", which affected tales of Jabbas palace

So it's hard to hold the EU with much more than fan fiction at this point

It was alread explained that the new films would not be anything from EU, which means it could "retcon" or reboot the entire EU as someone pointed out in an earlier post; the usage of reboot could mean the EU more than the actual films

I think there are some things from the first 6 films that could be changed, boba fetts death be the main one.

Absolutely

I wouldn't mind changing boba back into a real mando and not a clone of a real mando, he really lost some steam with me after that information was added

Retcon in starwars should not bother you, as a fan you should expect this

I mean seriously, who shot first Han or Greedo?

Books about starwars have had to deal with these changes for years already, max reebo's band was very different before they had "Jedi rock", which affected tales of Jabbas palace

So it's hard to hold the EU with much more than fan fiction at this point

It was alread explained that the new films would not be anything from EU, which means it could "retcon" or reboot the entire EU as someone pointed out in an earlier post; the usage of reboot could mean the EU more than the actual films

You compare a small retconn of greedo vs han to a COMPLETE character change.

Them changing Bariss' character, that's like Luke in Empire strikes back taking Vader's hand and going "sure dad, let's go kill the emperor".

Sorry that's a MAJOR shift, not a minor detail.