The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Theory

Something I have never been happy with when it came to the Vanguard was the Ion pulse, pulse cannon, and that rope thing that is nothing more then a bh ability. So I was thinking today with the Changes to Alacrity, could someone pick up in assault tree everything, that was not tied into the above mentioned abilities. Then use those points on picking up tanking aspects form the other trees. Have the end result of a actual ranged trooper with a blaster rifle?

The theory is that given enough Alacrity it would speed up abilities like full auto enough, to the point that you could dump ion pulse and pulse cannon from your tool bar. Yea I know its crazy and insane, but I was wondering has anyone tried this?

Something I have never been happy with when it came to the Vanguard was the Ion pulse, pulse cannon, and that rope thing that is nothing more then a bh ability. So I was thinking today with the Changes to Alacrity, could someone pick up in assault tree everything, that was not tied into the above mentioned abilities. Then use those points on picking up tanking aspects form the other trees. Have the end result of a actual ranged trooper with a blaster rifle?

The theory is that given enough Alacrity it would speed up abilities like full auto enough, to the point that you could dump ion pulse and pulse cannon from your tool bar. Yea I know its crazy and insane, but I was wondering has anyone tried this?

rope thing? You mean harpoon? Anyway, um no it'll never be useful in any way. So you're just going to channel full auto every 15 seconds, throw a sticky grenade, and spam hammer shot the rest of the time? Alacrity doesn't shorten ability CDs just the GCD. But regardless, yes this would be pointless.

What you want is to reroll a commando and stop playing Vanguard if you can't stand using ion pulse, pulse cannon, or the rope thing. No other options.

rope thing? You mean harpoon? Anyway, um no it'll never be useful in any way. So you're just going to channel full auto every 15 seconds, throw a sticky grenade, and spam hammer shot the rest of the time? Alacrity doesn't shorten ability CDs just the GCD. But regardless, yes this would be pointless.

What you want is to reroll a commando and stop playing Vanguard if you can't stand using ion pulse, pulse cannon, or the rope thing. No other options.

^ This

If you want to have a trooper that is ranged that uses a blaster rifle, just make the Commando, and use a blaster rifle. The only ability you won't be able to use is the Hail of Bolts AoE.

Blaster rifles have less base damage than assault cannons, so that would be a bad idea.

The vanguard/powertech is a melee class, nothing you can do about that. There is no ranged class that uses a blaster primarily (operatives are also melee, and snipers are gimped without sniper rifles).