The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jet black Color Crystal!!

Now i know we have red/black and all these other combo colors but i just would like to see a all black Color crystal. :cool:

Wouldn't that just be a hilt since black is the absence of light?

Now i know we have red/black and all these other combo colors but i just would like to see a all black Color crystal. :cool:

its one of them things not allowed ascording to Lucas... just like no Wookie Jedis.

EA would lose the rights to the game breaking rules like that.

its one of them things not allowed ascording to Lucas... just like no Wookie Jedis.

Good thing GL no longer owns the IP anymore huh? Disney, not Lucas own the rights therefore they can do pretty much whatever the heck they want (Disney that is). ALL previously existing George Lucas implemented limitations were off the table the minute he sold his IP.

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

Good thing GL no longer owns the IP anymore huh? Disney, not Lucas own the rights therefore they can do pretty much whatever the heck they want (Disney that is). ALL previously existing George Lucas implemented limitations were off the table the minute he sold his IP.

except in that contract it also states if they go agaonst certain things (like wookie jedi) all of Lucas Film reverts back to Lucas.

The guy is not stupid...

except in that contract it also states if they go agaonst certain things (like wookie jedi) all of Lucas Film reverts back to Lucas.

The guy is not stupid...

I didn't realize you have seen the contract. Could you point me to the link for that? First of all, I highly doubt that there are any such restrictions in the contract. Disney would not shell out the money it did and then agree to those type of restrictions. Regardless, Lucas had a Jedi Padawan that was a Wookie in this season on the Clone Wars and he had a Dark Saber which had a black core in the series as well and it was supposed to be from the Old Republic area. So he was getting less restrictive on that type of stuff by the end anyway. If you think Lucas would have risked the entire Disney deal on terms like that and draw a line in the sand on that, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn and some swamp land in Florida that I'd like to sell to you.

This, black isn't a color, its the absence of light. Wouldn't be possible.

The guy is not stupid...

There have been Wookie jedi in GL SW cannon.

Edited by scraycroft

There is a wookie jedi in The Clone Wars tv show, overseen by lucas. There is also a black lightsaber prototype in the show, and a black lightsaber in The Force Unleashed 2 (overseen and developed by LucasArts.

Stop spreading rumors.

• 3 weeks later...
I recall the leader of Death Watch had some kind of energy blade like a saber, nut the top was pointed and it was pure black.

The saber had the crystal removed and replaced with a void core (whatever that is). The shape of the blade was also altered to resemble that of a vibrosword, a more traditional mandalorian weapon.

The saber had the crystal removed and replaced with a void core (whatever that is). The shape of the blade was also altered to resemble that of a vibrosword, a more traditional mandalorian weapon.

I read that it was intended to be a vibrosword, but Lucas never liked the idea of a non-energetic weapon, or rather a non-lightsaber-like weapon to be able to block a lightsaber, even if the expended universe had many of them (don't ask me why the Grievious' guards can...). And so, as he had still some control on this, he imposed some changes (but he agreed that he shouldn't have a lightsaber) and that's because of him that Vizla ended with such a weapon, looking like a vibrosword and a lightsaber at the same time.

Edited by Altheran

That would be a transparency which isn't the same thing. Black is the complete absence, or in this case, absorption of visible light.

Edited by Projawa