• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Ax'tati

Server: The Harbinger

Guild: <Ascendancy>

Record Broke: HPS @ 2002.11

Class: Sorcerer

No New Augs, No bolster exploit, halfway geared.

http://i.imgur.com/BU4uoKM.jpg

Same toon etc,

Damage Taken: 1058600

http://i.imgur.com/h9by6Zz.jpg

You basically healed more than they did damage. Your teams overall healing beats their teams overall damage

Edited by Obirayy

You basically healed more than they did damage. Your teams overall healing beats their teams overall damage

Yup, it's because of sorcerer bubbles. They count for healing done, but a DPS that is hitting them doesn't get damage dealt for them. I almost think bubbles should be counted as protection on a sorcerer tbh, but oh well.

Yup, it's because of sorcerer bubbles. They count for healing done, but a DPS that is hitting them doesn't get damage dealt for them. I almost think bubbles should be counted as protection on a sorcerer tbh, but oh well.

I guess that explains partly why my damage feels lower in some games than I thought it should be, knew it counted for heals but never knew it didn't count for damage

Edited by JP_Legatus

I guess that explains partly why my damage feels lower in some games than I thought it should be, knew it counted for heals but never knew it didn't count for damage

i assumed everyone knew this, I noticed a while back in 1.6 after a few rated games where the heals outdid the other teams damage, sometimes by some several hundred thousand heals. After a lot of time, I found that it was the only thing to explain that, as protection would not account for that (and is a transparent stat either way.)

i assumed everyone knew this, I noticed a while back in 1.6 after a few rated games where the heals outdid the other teams damage, sometimes by some several hundred thousand heals. After a lot of time, I found that it was the only thing to explain that, as protection would not account for that (and is a transparent stat either way.)

An easy way to test this theory would be to check the healing and damage stats at the end of a warzone that didn't contain sorcs and if it's still off then we're missing something

Of course since I'm way too lazy to do this the task falls to you. Gooooo opfotm! :D

An easy way to test this theory would be to check the healing and damage stats at the end of a warzone that didn't contain sorcs and if it's still off then we're missing something

Of course since I'm way too lazy to do this the task falls to you. Gooooo opfotm! :D

Thats a test that has been done before :p

Updated! OK IM OUT OF SPACE ON THE POST. IVE EVEN REDUCED SOME RECORDS TO 5 INSTEAD OF 10. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO AT THE MOMENT OTHER THAN TRYING TO GET THE 2ND POST IN THE THREAD TO POST SOME OF THE RECORDS.

Yeah it's really messed up because how can there be healing done if there's no damage? It's inconsistent in so many way.

Damage on bubbles should be recorded as;

* damage dealt

* damage taken

* healing (for the sorc who threw the bubble, either on himself or some team mate)

Not really a fan of recording it as protection, although that would be a more accurate representation of what bubbles do, because all of a sudden we'd have sorcs with 30 medals in every game.

Either way, if you want extreme damage numbers, play rateds against a team with two scoundrel/operative healers :) Twenty minutes with no bubbles.

Edited by MidichIorian