The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about going F2P from sub?

Bethmora

So, I am a pvper and really only PvP and craft. I know i can buy unlocks for everything i need to do and i know ill lose my CC each month. what im not sure of is the credits, I have around 20mil between 3 toons and i heard there is a limit on how much you can have. Is there away around this limit?

The limit is 350k. You will not lose the rest of it. It gets held in escrow until you sub again. They did mention that in the works is an ability to draw from escrow, however you can still only have 350k at one time.

In 2.1 they will introduce "escrow release", a consumable unlock that will let you transfer some cash from escrow (anything above 350k on each toon) back to you. But the biggest 'escrow release' you will bbe able to buy will be 600k. At 20 million as you are, it would be pointless. My advice is either go on a shopping spree and buy ship GTN, mail and other expensive Legacy unlocks + Cartel Market unlocks you will need as Preferred player (Color Unify, Hide Head Slot, Artifact Authorization, Section X Authorization, Event Equipement Authorization, Crew Member Appearance Authorization etc)

OR

Just keep your credits in escrow until/when you re-sub.

EDIT: though now that I think of it, 1-person guild with guild bank could be a way around the credit limit. But I'm not sure how guild banks work if the Guild Leader (which would be you in this hypothetical case, as Preferred Player) work and what/if any restrictions are there

Edited by Pietrastor